Norvasc User Reviews

Norvasc - User Reviews

Norvasc User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Norvasc sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 27

My BP was over 200/160. Norvasc has helped to get it down to 140/84. So it works. The key is finding the right dosage for each person. I FEEL the best on 2.5 mg with minimal side effects but 5mgs/day works better. At first 5mgs made me dizzy! Hence, I took 1/2 at lunch, 1/2 in eve so I could work during the day. I've noticed I get tired faster but sleep pretty good. Some constipation and a little swelling in legs. Be careful of too high doses of this stuff If you feel dizzy, your dose maybe too high. I weigh 138lbs and 5mg/day is max for me.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: September 25

My hair was falling out, I stoped all my medication one at a time and found norvasc was the one. I have not had any problems since.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 07

I use this medication for about four months and I stop using same as I return to my doctor and my pressure was normal twice in a row , so i stop immediately check occationally myself at least twice a month and gets reading no higher than 140/85 once in about three years, no headaches I watch my diet and I am fine.I think some doctors rely too much on medication never want you to stop, and I just hate medications. Whatever will be will be. Eat right a balance diet check your pressure and keep away from the doctors. Only absolutely necessary see a doctor.Think wisely. I had prostate cancer was treated with ultra beam radiation and I was seeing a Urologist every six monts and he could not see it coming although I had two biopsies. Then I was told by the oncologist that I should only have seen him once a year. What the hell he didn't do me any good.Think for yourself and stay to hell from the doctors office. Be healthy. Don't be a fool. Be wise.

Related Reading: prostate cancer

Comment from: Drew, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

First time using high blood pressure medication. I had bad side effects. Head pain,dizzy,heart throbbing, drowsiness, low engery, dry mouth, muscle weakness,some twitching, feel week. I would rather have high blood pressure than to feel this bad. At time my mind is mush can not think, can not keep eyes open. This was on the 10mg dose. I will never take this medication again!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: unhappy in michigan, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

Been on 5mg. of Norvasc for 6 weeks (2.5 before that). BP not really affected that much, still varies from 122 - 155 daily. Ankles have become swollen, nurse says approaching +1 w/ pitting. Awaiting call from cardiologist's office, as I want to be weaned from this med. and put on something else. Swollen ankles very uncomfortable. And, have experienced hair loss and more frequent urination. Not a good med. for me.

Comment from: norvasc, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

I have been on this drug for about six months. My hair is starting to come out,having sometimes fast pulse sometimes slow. Tired, but don't sleep though the night. Anyone else have this?

Comment from: jean, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

I had many problems with the generic version of this drug amlodipine. I could not sleep more than 2-3hrs a night and would wake up with rapid heart beat. After a week started getting red blotches with small hives that were extremely itchy they would appear on my back, stomach and thighs and disappear within a few minutes very strange. Had no appetite and lost 10 pounds and it made me feel anxious. Also made my feet and hands hurt. After 1 month couldn't stand all of the side effects and stopped taking the med. It has now been almost a month since I stopped taking the medication and all of the side effects are now just starting to go away.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: Mirabelle, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 03

Dosage 2.5 mg once a day for 5 days. Had to stop because of Multiples side effects: 1-Racing heart beat 2-Chest and shoulder pains 3-Face swelling 4-Loss of smell and ability to taste food 5-constant tinnitus6 6-Swelling of veins in hands and legs forming raised knots on hands acompanied by tingling 7-Shaking hands 8-Constant feeling of adrenaline rush in the pit of stomach 9-Purpura 10-Feeling hyper all the time 11-Nightmares and vivid dreams