Nplate User Reviews

Nplate - User Reviews

Nplate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nplate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Unsure, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

I have been taking Nplate now for 4 weeks and my platelet count has gone from 32K to 121K. I am having some side effects from the drug. I am unsure if I am going to continue the treatment. There have been no long term studies with humans about this drug.

Related Reading: Nplate

Comment from: TERRI, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

I STARTED OUT WITH A PLATELET COUNT OF 31. AFTER 6 WEEKS THE COUNT WAS 296.

Comment from: victoria, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 26

When this nplate first started out here. I been on it since. I have seen a raise of my count. But not enough i can be in normal stage. One time i was up to 76,000plelets wonderful. But in three weeks it drop down to 27,000. I am trying my best not to give up. But after i recieved my dosage this past week. It went in normal stage. But later on i get tired, sleepy, and have to lay down. The next day i have energy and do what needs to be done for that day too. The side effects it does give me is a little mood swings,boost of energy but not long,some pains in joint, but it is not going to long. Sometimes i can sleep and sometimes not. But like i said it will work but not for long to keep me in normal stage.

Comment from: Jules, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I was diagnosed with ITP in 1999. I have always responded well to steroids and they have held me at a normal level. My platelets recently dropped to 0 and I did not respond to steroids. I was given the Nplate injection and I immediatly responded. My platelets went from 0 to 580,000 in a period of just a few days. However, I experienced side effects from Nplate to a very painful degree. The headaches I experienced were so severe I ended up in the ER twice just to manage the pain. I also experienced severe joint/muscle pain, tingling in hands and feet, hands and feet would get very cold during the headaches. Any stimulation to my head or joints (cold or hot} felt like two magnets coming together pulling each direction. There is really no way to emphasize in words the pain of the headaches and the shoulder/neck pain. It has been over a week since I received the injection and my side effects are just now starting to subside. Still dealing with severe neck and shoulder pain/tightening, and the headaches are finally dulling. Nplate saved my life but I don't know if I could ever put myself through the pain of the side effects again. Mainly the headaches.

Related Reading: muscle pain | neck pain

Comment from: Andy, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

I have had low platelet count for nine months that I know of. (range 40 to 14). Have a weekly injection of NPlate since July 1. Platelet count remains at 24 to 32 side effects headaches and dizziness, low energy level.

Related Reading: dizziness