NuvaRing User Reviews

NuvaRing - User Reviews

NuvaRing User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication NuvaRing sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kauai Lady, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I've been using Nuvaring for 8 years now and have had no other side effects than going from a C cup to a D cup, but no weight gain anywhere else! It's very effective and no mood swings. And my sex drive is still very much in tact- never been affected. Much lighter periods are a plus (3 days or less), no more pain with periods at all and not having to worry whether I took the pill at the right time of day every day has been a relief. DO NOT let these others reviews scare you into not trying it. Most people have little or no side effects but on a forum like this most people who write reviews are writing them because they've had bad experiences. Not saying these reviews aren't helpful, because they are- especially if you would like to know possibilites of what could happen with a med, but they are by no means the majority of reactions from the average user. People who are satisfied with the med most times don't feel a need to write a review.

Related Reading: Nuvaring

Comment from: angelvox, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

Nuva Ring has been the worst experience of my life. I've been dealing with a lot of crappy things in my life since being on it and not realizing that it was side effects until looking some stuff up the other day. I have taken it out and will not go back to it. These are the side effects I have had since going on it. 1.Extreme depression 2.No sex drive 3.Sever leg aches the day before I start my period and the day of. 4.Social Anxiety (I've always loved people and can't handle being around anyone. I feel like I'm going crazy) 5.Bad pressure in my head for a couple of days before I start 6.Hard time getting my words out correctly before period starts 7.WEIGHT GAIN! 8.Exhaustion 9.Mood Swings 10.My allergies have been worse than ever since using it. 11.I seem to get sick easier. The only thing good I experienced was the fact that it made my periods lighter, cause I tend to have heavy long periods. I think I can suffer having 8 day heavy periods over all of this crap. DO NOT USE THE RING!!

Related Reading: depression | Anxiety

Comment from: Theresa, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 15

I wanted a birth control method that was easy and that I didn't have to think about. I was a bit leary about trying the ring, but the thought of taking a pill every day depressed me. I have to say I am very impressed with NuvaRing. I have had no problems. It is easy to insert, although I had reservations in the beginning about it possibly getting "lost." It doesn't. You cannot feel it when it is in place correctly. My partner cannot feel it. I have never had issues with it slipping down or God forbid, slipping out. I have had no bad side effects...my mood has remained the same, my sex drive is the same (if not higher), I have had no weight gain, and my skin has remained clear. I took the ring out as scheduled after 3 weeks and my period arrived 2 days later. Before my period was extremely heavy and lasted at least a week. Now it is very light and has been cut in half! Overall I am very impressed and will continue to use it despite the higher cost. It is worth it to me, especially to have a BC method that I don't have to remember but once every 3 weeks. And because I am not taking (or forgetting) a pill every day, possibly off an hour here or there, this method ensures that I am protected at all times, which decreases my chance of pregnancy more than the Pill. I hope this helps some of those more leary women, as I have seen a lot of bad reviews about NuvaRing. I have had a great experience.

Related Reading: birth control | pregnancy

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 20

The nuva ring has a VERY high dosage of hormones. Almost instantly I became exhausted(sleeping up to 13 hrs a day!!) I gained weight(about 10 lbs so far) and am CONSTANTLY hungry. my breasts have grown drastically and are constantly sore. I have been struggling with lack of coordination and memory loss. But by far, the worst side effect of all is EXTREME DEPRESSION. I dont even feel like myself anymore. I am usually a very outgoing person, but now I find myself staying locked up in my house all day with no social interaction. It got to the point where I was contemplating suicide. Sure, Nuvaring works, but so do condoms and oral pills. If you are sensitive to hormones, this ring is definitely not for you. Stay away from the RING!!!!

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 02

I have been on Nuvaring for about a year now and I am pretty satisfied. I have PCOS so it helps with my hormone level. I'm in college so I have high stress levels and get a lot of headaches which are not because of the Nuvaring. I haven't experience weight gain or any side effects. The only thing I have experienced is the increased yeast infections which I was warned about so my doctor suggested I used the boric acid treatment and it works just fine. I would recommend it, but every body will react differently to it. I think they are so many negative comments on it because only the people who suffered bad side effects wrote about it.

Related Reading: stress