Nuvigil User Reviews

Nuvigil - User Reviews

Nuvigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nuvigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: gb, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

I've had extreme fatigue for the last 15 years. It started after I was diagnosed with Mono and it never went away. I would take a nap any chance I got. After work, I would come home and fall asleep. If that was not possible, I would lay around with no energy to do the needed tasks. I negated my duties as a wife and mother and did the minimal amount. It was an extreme sacrifice to do anything for my family because of the energy that was required. Simply going to the park to play took an enormous toll. Most doctors just attributed this fatigue to depression, which I do have. Finally someone listened and did not write off my fatigue! I have been taking Nuvigil 150mg/day for three days and cannot believe how much better I feel. I haven't craved a nap and I feel like an energetic child again. I also feel happier. The day-to- day activities that I used to dread are now activities that I enjoy doing. The only side effects I have noticed are dry mouth and insomnia. I'm hoping the insomnia will decrease, but after sleeping excessively for 15 years, a little insomnia doesn't bother me in the least.

Related Reading: fatigue | depression | Nuvigil

Comment from: susyn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

Life-Changing is the best word I can use for this. I have my life back. I can think during the day again, it no longer feels like my brain is wading through mud, my reaction time is back to normal, I can remmember stuff from 10 years ago, I cannot begin to list the amount of stuff that I can get done in the day while on this that were just overwhelming Thinking about doing before. I was depressed beyond belife, just because I was so very tired all the time. That is gone now, now I wake up with a shred of hope that the day may actually be OK. If you have this problem, I cannot reccomend that you at least give it a go if your doc thinks it may help. The Dry mouth was a little rough, I just suck on sugar free candy a bit. I did get the nausea for a few days and then that went away, never got dizzy but am only taking the 50 mg dose. My main problem is not so much that I have sleep disorder as my hubby does and will wake me up 6-8 times a night, I don't want to sleep in a different bed, and don't want to be tired ALL the time, doc recommended this when I scored off the charts for a sleep test 12/14. I think I would have had the 14 score except I am a caffine junkie to get through the day. Or was, down to the morning joe now and don't feel I need it all throughout the day. Funny little side effect, I am sleeping better, or more correctly, my hubby isn't waking me up as often due to me sleeping more soundly, down to just 4-5 times a night, lol.. LOVE this drug, gave me a whole new lease on life, not even really irritable anymore, just the usual stuff that would tick off anyone. All the best, and good luck on your search for wakefulness.

Related Reading: Dry mouth | sleep

Comment from: awake in md, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 30

I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night, and suffer from extreme fatigue. Have had a sleep study test done, and no sleep apnea, but do suffer from restless leg syndrome. I have been on Nuvigil 250mg for about 2 months and love it. I have so much more energy and have even lost some weight because of increased energy. Got headaches from it when first started it, but they went away after a few days. One thing I, and my husband, have noticed besides the increased energy, is it makes me talk more than usual. It is great to finally have some energy again, and not feel like taking a nap all the time.

Related Reading: sleep apnea | restless leg syndrome

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

I have suffered from Chronic Fatigue for over 20 years and nothing seemed to help. I tried Provigil and other than giving me headaches, it didn't work at all. I have been on Nuvigil for 2 weeks now and feel great all day - not a bit drowsy and NO side effects. It worked from day 1 and I feel like a new person.

Related Reading: Provigil

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

I have MS and this medication is life changing. No more 4 hour naps on the weekends.

Comment from: Nicole, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

Nuvigil has been life changing for me. Before taking Nuvigil I would nod off during meetings, while driving, talking, or standing. I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia suspicious of narcolepsy. I take 250mg in the morning which usually gets me through the day. I can't believe how much better I feel and I have had 0 side effects. Definate life saver for me!

Related Reading: hypersomnia | narcolepsy

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.