Nuvigil User Reviews

Nuvigil - User Reviews

Nuvigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nuvigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: trish, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 30

I Was falling asleep at work and feeling so bad all i wanted to do is go home and sleep so i had to stay on the go and walking all day to keep from falling asleep till my dr put me on nuvigil 150 it works good but some days i feel like i need to take another one i have been on it for 5 months it works for me

Comment from: Georgia, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

My experience with Nuvigil has been great. But I noticed other reviews some folks seemed to NOT have read the the cautions. So let me make this one VERY easy to read: NUVIGIL may cause you to have a serious allergic reaction that may be LIFE THREATENING. If you develop any kind of RASH, HIVES, SORES, SWELLING, or trouble swallowing or breathing, "stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor right away or get emergency treatment". There is also a warning for folks allgeric to lactose. Don't get me wrong, this med is fantastic stuff, but if you are considering it, be sure to read the warnings, easily found at the dedicated nuvigil web site.

Related Reading: RASH | HIVES

Comment from: not sleeping in detroit, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 21

Was given a sample pack of 250mg tablets months ago and was too scared to take them. I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and sjogren's which leaves me extremely fatigued. Was sleeping all the time, napping all day, falling asleep at work and while driving. Finally worked up the courage to take half of a pill today and I feel like a new woman. Put in a full day of work, did laundry, cooked dinner, cleaned, and even baked two loaves of banana bread..all with no three hour nap in the middle of the day. I don't feel jittery or weird at all, just awake and alert. I'm going to stick with taking half a pill as i am concerned that a full 250mg may keep me "up" too long, but will discuss with dr. This drug could potentially change my life since i feel up to interacting with my family, playing with the kids, etc. Instead of, "mommy's sleeping on the couch again." I am optimistic!

Related Reading: rheumatoid arthritis | fibromyalgia

Comment from: PRICHARD0221, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 10

I wanted to start by letting everyone know if they cannot afford this medication because their insurance will not cover it, there is HELP!!!! Go to Cephalon.com, click on Cephalon Cares Foundation, download and print the required forms. There are pages for the patient to fill out, and one page for the prescribing Dr. to fill out. I had trouble with my insurance company and went through this program until my insurance finally covered the medication. After you apply for the company's program, you will be able to receive the medication with as little as a $5.00 co-pay. The company also has a number you can call for help. They have always been very professional, and understanding. There are not many companies like that anymore. If your insurance requires a pre-authorization, there is one very important piece of information I can give you. Have a sleep study done, if you haven't already. There are different types of sleep studies. All you need is a one night study. I was denied Nuvigil by my insurance company for almost a year.After everything my doctor and I went through, after I informed my insurance company I had a sleep study, and what type of machine was used, I was finally approved. It does not matter what the results of the sleep study are, as long as the test is done on a polysomnograph, your insurance should cover it. My insurance company gave me the run around for a long time until I was able to find out all they needed was the name of the machine used. I was never told why I was denied coverage for so long until after spending almost a year trying to get them to approve me, when all that was needed was the information above. This medication is very expensive, and insurance companies do not want to pay, so they never told me exactly what information to provide. My Dr. sent in my complete medical record twice over the year, and I was still denied. I will continue this, PLEASE READ.

Comment from: donniekuhnsr, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I have been diagnosised with something that is going to ultimately take my life from me. I have always been an active person, working hard and playing hard; life as it is for me now, is next to impossible for me to do either.. Some days it is a monumental accomplishment to simply take a shower. My energy levels are nearly non existent. My lung Doctor suggested that I try this drug (Nuvigil) as a means to be able to live the life that I have left doing something other than sitting on my chair and sleeping. The MG she prescribed I don't think is quite strong enough. It has however given me more energy than I have had in many months. This is the best gift that I could receive.. I just want to thank you for the manufacturing of this drug. It has and will continue to provide to and for me a means to live the end of my life with dignity and a smile.. Thank you for providing this drug to us (the public) and please know that even if no one else ever tells you this, you have made a notable difference in my life and I would like to thank you with all of my heart.. You have made a difference in my life!!! Donnie

Comment from: gosteelers, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

I have Bipolar I. I was sleeping for 12-14 hours a day. I tried the Provigil after waiting a month and a half for insurance approval, but it gave me bad headaches. I told the neurologist and she switched me to Nuvigil 150. It's been like a miracle drug! I stay awake all day, manage to clean, shower, cook and walk the dogs. It makes my thoughts clearer, I'm able to make decisions and I'm not isolated any more! I can actually drive to places I've never been before. My mood is totally lifted. About 2 weeks before I started this drug my husband had to take my psych meds out of the house, I had a therapist calling me every day. I was very ill. Once I got started on the Nuvigil it was like the sun coming out after the rain. My husband had never seen me happy before, he's only seen me being depressed and sleepy so he attributed it to the manic side of bipolar. I'm not manic. It's the effect the drug is having on me. I just feel great. Happy. Healthy. I read where Cephalon is conducting research studies for the use of Nuvigil in patients with bipolar and they're having great success. Unfortunately it hasn't been approved by the FDA for people suffering with bipolar. More clinical trials are being planned. Anyway, Nuvigil has given me a second chance at living my life instead of sleeping it away. Thank you Cephalon! Now if I can jsut get my insurance to cover it, things will be good. I've received 2 denials so far, but it took 3 attempts to get the Provigil approved. The Doc will keep trying and hopefully keep me in enough samples until it's approved. I can drive just fine while using Nuvigil but couldn't when I was on the psych meds alone. I never even left the house. I know I'm going on and on but this is the best I've felt since 1999 and I want everyone to know it!

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.