Nuvigil User Reviews

Nuvigil - User Reviews

Nuvigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nuvigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 05

This med changed my life. I haven't felt this good in years.I have fibromyalgia and the fatigue was unbearable,couldn't sleep at night and it was almost impossible to stay awake during the day. The best way to discribe it is a constant state of cross-eyed and brain dead.The pain just continued to increase daily. Now with Nuvigil 250mgs in the am, and a lunesta before bed, I have my life back.Most days I need no pain meds. at all. I can play with the kids again, cook, garden, and work all day long with ease.I am happy to except the severe cheerfulness after years of pain and misery. What I can't live with, however, is the excessive amounts of saliva, dry mouth may have been a blessing. The constant swallowing is causing throat pain and swelling. To keep from chocking at night from all the extra saliva I've begone sucking on my tongue in my sleep, it's now swollen to the point of not being able to talk and covered in sores. If I stop taking the nuvigil the swelling goes down in 2 or 3 days, but took a week for the sores to heal. Decided to give it one more try, hoping that nuvigil wasn't the sorce, but it only took one dose for the swelling to return. By the second dose I was unable to speak because of the size of my tongue. This medication had really made a difference, the last thing I want to do is stop taking it, but at this point I have no choice.

Related Reading: lunesta

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 18

I began taking Nuvigil 1 month ago and I can completely tell a difference! For the past 25 years I have been laying down every chance I get to take a nap on Sundays. This past Sunday was the first time I had no other plans and did not lay down for a nap. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and RA and I have been able to completely come off all pain meds. I feel better than I have in A KONG TIME! I am thankful my doctor knew about this drug and extremely thankful my insurance covers it.

Comment from: Tweety, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

Well,I took my first pill this morning, I was on Provigil but it gave me a headache everyday. So the doctor thought maybe I could try this Nuvigil, I can feel the effects already. I have Fibromyalgia, and no energy. This is good because I feel energetic but not the high feeling. Hopefully, this one won't give me headaches. So far so good, will comment again in a week. Molly

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

i have taken nuvigil for a week and i have not felt this good in avery long time. i can finally get up in the morning and not sleep all day. it is great to start to watch a show and actually get to watch it.

Comment from: salepo, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy 2 yrs ago.I started on Provigil which was a Godsend but over time and even with incresing doses I found myself napping 3 and 4 times a day.My neuroligist suggested Nuvigil.It is wonderful!cheaper,once a day dosing,less tiredness I still have to nap about an hour after taking it and i will never have the full life I had before but now I can function again.Does anyone else have the headaches and persistent diarrhea?I think they are a small price to pay.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: tskinney, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I was recently diagnosed with narcolespy, and started taking 150mg nuvigil the first few days were fine then I was getting tired about mid-way through the day. My doctor increased the nuvigil to 250mg and it was too much! Does anyone else have the problem of stiff neck? Provigil hurt my jaw. I have been taking 150mg and it helps me stay awake but I still get tired.

Comment from: MBrewer, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I am a college student and used to fall asleep every class every single day after about 10-15 minutes into class no matter how much I tried not to. I am taking 150mg of Nuvigil once in the morning and it lasts a little over 11 hours for me. I no longer fall asleep in my classes and I feel much better during the day. I am much less stressed out, I have more energy, and I don't feel so down(depressed-ish) during the day anymore. The first week I took the medicine I had a very slight but constant burning in my stomach and some headaches, but these symptoms went away after the first week like they're supposed to. The only problem I have found is that if I eat near the time I take my medicine, it severely decreases its effectiveness and I fall back into feeling sleepy that day and having sleep episodes. So if the medicine is not working for you and you eat near the time you take it, try taking Nuvigil right when you get up and then wait an hour before eating and see what happens.

Comment from: socialworkerbyprof, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

Being excessively sleepy is new to me, so I discussed it with my dr fairly quickly when I was experiencing not being able to stay awake, low energy and irritability. I was on Provigil, but it left me very tired in the late afternoon. Nuvigil is better, but still sleepy around 4pm.

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.