Nuvigil User Reviews

Nuvigil - User Reviews

Nuvigil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nuvigil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: M D, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

I have been having episodes of dosing off and having major hallucinations. Tried NUVIGIL, and it worked the very first day. No nausea or headaches so far. I would recommend taking it with a meal/breakfest. So far so good!

Comment from: kmusetti, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

Nuvigil has been a lifesaver for me. I have spent my days and weeks in bed. Since I have been on it- 60 days have passed with out crawling back to bed. Energy, enjoying life again.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I've been taking Nuvigil 150 mg for a little over 2 weeks and it has helped a lot. For years I would be very sleepy during the day, nodding off at work, etc. Very embarrassing. Did the sleep studies and have RSL. Started medicine for that also. But was still sleepy and nodding. Tried Adderall & Ritalin. You can really "feel" those drugs. But, it's better than nodding off constantly. I've not experienced any side effects and this doesn't feel like a stimulant to me. I just feel like a normal person should - Awake. No heart pounding or jitters. I do sometimes start to feel sleepy in the afternoon, so I may need to change to a higher dose. Overall very happy with this!

Related Reading: Adderall | Ritalin

Comment from: CKPHILLY, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

MINIMAL SIDE EFFECTS AT FIRST LOSS of WANTING TO EAT, TROUBLE SLEEPING INITIAL STATE OF DRUG WEIGHT LOSS. AFTER THE EFFECTS SUBSIDED WORKS GREAT. MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY DAILY LIFE

Comment from: NY35RN, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 23

I was put on this drug to combat the excessive sleepiness that my anti-convulsants caused. I used to fall asleep randomly during the day, almost like narcolepsy. I have not had this problem since. I am able to get through my work day and then go home with some energy to spare.... amazing! I still get tired around 2pm every day, but this goes back wayyyy before I started anti-convulsants. It's nothing a cup of coffee can't fix! I also tried Provigil, but I felt A LOT more side effects with this drug, such as dizziness, tremors, palpitations, and just overall "jittery". I don't get this with the NUVIGIL - my only side effect is occasional tachycardia, which is mild. Overall, good drug largely without the "stimulant" side effects.

Related Reading: dizziness | tremors | palpitations

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.