Nystatin Oral Suspension User Reviews

Nystatin Oral Suspension - User Reviews

Nystatin Oral Suspension User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nystatin Oral Suspension sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: malindajoy33df1hs2, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 07

I have been taking this medication for 5 days.I think it is great.I have many things wrong with my body for 6 years.Eyes watering,nose running very loose B.M.'s legs hurt, back hurt,dry skin,feet hurt,ear's plugged.then my tounge got thrush.Well started other stuff for thrush.Didn't work much.sister-in-law is a nurse with elderly had me get my doctor to order me Nystatin 10000 units/ml susp.After 2 days I felt better than I have in 6 years.Plus my tounge is getting better too.I feel like a million bucks just hope keeps it up.Even my body is getting better.Eyes & nose are hardly watering anymore.I had the infection every where.Think I got it when I had back surgery 6 years ago in hospital.got worse when I took more antibiotics about 6 mo's ago.feel so good now I can't discribe it.sorry my spelling is bad but Iam sure you get it.

Related Reading: dry skin | thrush

Comment from: momry, 35-44 (Patient) Published: December 14

I had a bad case of bronchitis and was on antibiotics and steriod inhalers. I got a bad case of thrush all over my tongue, mouth, throat and it was on my vocal cords...the ENT gave me DIFULUCAN for 5 days and 14 days of the Nistatin. It cleared it up. ALSO a really good tip that my old ENT gave me as I had this once before from a steroid inhaler...HE TOLD me to mix 50/50 of the mouthwash CEPACOL and peroxide. Then take a soft tooth brush and gently dip it in the cup with the cepacol and peroxide and brush your tongue. I did that 2x per day and it works like a charm.

Comment from: suzyQ, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

was on this medicine for quite a few months, probably 4 mos. or more off and on. the problem just didn't seem to go away. i am curious if others after finishing nystatin had still any white coating or spots on tongue still. also i would like to know if others still had no taste buds, limited taste buds, DRY MOUTH, tingling on tongue, and/or any other issues while taking it or even when finished with it. first ear/nose/throat doc. went to said it could take months to get taste buds back and tongue feel normal again. i am getting a 2nd opinion in a few weeks as my tongue still does not feel right and my normal doc. wants me to go to a 2nd ear/nose/throat doc. the dosing directions were very confusing, so maybe i didn't always do it correctly. first time and first bottle just swish and spit, a larger bottle later, after first one didn't work, directions to swish and also swallow. yuk. it would have been worth it if it had been successful but i feel it was not. pls. others share your thought and opinions on how your mouth/tongue felt/feels now that you are finished and any other particulars.

Related Reading: DRY MOUTH

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

I am using this medication because my doctor believes that I have an intestinal infection which is manifesting itself as acne-like lesions on my face. I have been treated with a number of different medications by dermatologists without any success. For about 2 weeks I have been swishing/drinking 1 t of Nystatin powder diluted in water 2 times daily. My skin is healing for the first time in over a year. The taste of this medication is terrible however and leaves a bitter after taste even after brushing my teath. I would highly recommend it for the modivated individual who has tried other medications without success. I must state however that I don't think that many people would continue the use of Nystatin for an extended period of time due to the taste.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Mommabear, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

With being an asthmatic I have found that when my asthma flairs up and the usuage of more inhalers are being used that I get thrush. It does seem to work but I'm now thinking that my body would require longer than a week on this in order to kill off all of the Thrush that has gotten down into my throat and stomach. I now keep refills on my prescription instead of always having to go to my PCP everytime I get Thrush, it makes my tongue feel sore throat raw, taste buds are gone.

Related Reading: asthma | sore throat

Comment from: Decaturstitcher, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had issues with candida in the digestive track for years (including horrible smelling gas). When I began allergy treatments several years ago I went on it for 6+ months to help get my digestive tract back in line. When I take antibiotics I insist on taking oral Nystatin tablets (to eliminate the stinky gas). I wish I could get an unlimited Rx of tablets or powder to use as needed! Or at least get a Rx for 100 tablets at a time to use as needed. It is easier to get pain killers than oral Nystatin tablets - which doesn't make sense to me! Is there an OTC that will do the same thing but not cost a fortune?

Related Reading: allergy

WebMD Oral Health

Get tips for a healthy mouth.