Nystatin Oral Suspension User Reviews

Nystatin Oral Suspension - User Reviews

Nystatin Oral Suspension User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nystatin Oral Suspension sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ginny, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 05

The medication has not helped 100%, but it has greatly improved the thrush condition considerably... Keep the med in your mouth at least 20 to 30 seconds & swish around as much as possible then swallow...

Comment from: lbhaerer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

Can you tell me what is in Nystatin that allows it to work so quickly. I took one dose after three days of suffering with my mouth and I was able to drink for the first time about 10 minutes later without much pain. I just would like to know what ingredients it has.

Comment from: mlipani@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

WHY DO I HAVE TO SWALLOW IT? I WAS TOLD MY BY PHYSICIAN THAT I DID NOT HAVE TO SWALLOW THIS MEDICATION , I COULD JUST SPIT IT OUT.

Comment from: pd4st, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

I am taking this med for oral thrush (swish and swallow) following a week of antibiotics (Cipro and Flagyl). Only my tongue is affected and I never had pain, just a white tongue. After what I went thru with the antibiotics for an intestional bacterial infection, this med is a breeze. A little nausea and loose stools but I don't find the taste too unpleasant. I've been on it five days and just started noticing a reduction in the white of my tongue. Two days to go. Hey, if it's working and getting me back to normal, I'm thrilled.

Related Reading: Cipro | Flagyl

Comment from: verysatisfied, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

I felt relief within the first day or so. It was easy to use, and my condition returned to normal after about 5 days.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

on nystatin for two days and got cramps and diarrea.kept aking it for the five days they wanted. just drink, drink so you don't get dehydrated.

Comment from: eddiek1952, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

I could feel this drug working from the first application. It completely eliminated the thrush from my mouth within 1 week.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

After surgery I developed Thrush. Not knowing what it was I let it go till I could hardly swallow. I kept choking. First I was put on Fluconazole. 15 days worth. When I went back to the surgeon he put me on Nystain also. It's been 10 days and I've finished the Fluconazole and I still use the Nystatin. I got the liquid and the taste isn't bad. I notice some problem with my taste buds also. However, the dry mouth, white tongue, and choking were brfore any of these meds so that must be caused by the thrush. Worst infection I ever experienced! Still hoping my taste buds will come back.

Comment from: lcat, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I developed thrush on my tongue from using Nicorette Gum after I quit smoking. I admit that I probably overdid it with the gum. I didn't know what was going on. Talk about painful! So I wised up and went to my doctor about a week later. I was first presribed Nystatin Oral Rinse which put the trush in check but did not clear up my problem. After another 10 days I went back to my doctor. Now I am continuing to use the Nystatin and taking Fluconazole 150mg. I am to do this for 7 days. I am on day 2 and I have already seen much improvement. So in my case the Nystatin wasn't enough to cure the thrush - it only stopped the spread of this nasty fungus. I ended up having to go to something stronger (Fluconazole) to start knocking it out. The Pharmcist tells me that taking Fluconazole Tablets for 7 days is unusual. Normally they dispense only 1 or 2 tablets. It stays in your system for about 4 days and can be hard on your liver. I am healthy and not too concerned about liver problems. I am just happy to finally be getting rid of this fungus.

Related Reading: smoking | liver

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 30

After months of diarrhea, when nothing else would work, Nystatin stopped it within 2 days. It was such a relief to me.

Related Reading: diarrhea

WebMD Oral Health

Get tips for a healthy mouth.