Ogen User Reviews

Ogen - User Reviews

Ogen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ogen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 02

I have been on this medication for over 25 years after a complete historectomy with no complications. I have tried the generic several times and always have side effects- sleeplessness, forgetfullness, edgy, etc. I just want to know why Ogen was discontinued? Anybody know?

Related Reading: Ogen

Comment from: MLB, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 09

NO NO don't discontinue OGEN!! After a hellatious search for a med for low estrogen (primary interest-cognitive symptoms)came upon Ogen. The only one that worked for me. Higher dose (1.25) did not result in high serum estrogen (metabolizes fast). I could work, remember, feel positive and focus. I was saved! AND then Ogen was discontinued. I am truely lost, the generic...every side effect and some I never had before. AND wrong dosage and absorption. LOST!! Going to compound pharmacy and hope.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 17

Ogen is gentle, and after surgery, it provided the necessary balance that I required. I also had the uterus removed along with the ovaries and this medication has been wonderful. I was told that this medication was no longer being made and I wonder why, and also what can I take that is the equivalent.

Comment from: worldon1, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

only eases effects of menopause, weight gain is a problem

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: kathy, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 22

i found this medications taken with progesterone helped greatly with hot flushes and mood swings. i wanted to resume this medication but apparently it is discontinued - WHY?

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

I was prescribed Ogen 0.625mg for relief of hot flashes and sleep disturbance. I don't know how long it is supposed to take for improvement of symptoms, but I have been taking it for 1 1/2 weeks with no relief. I will probably discontinue use due to nausea side effect.

Related Reading: hot flashes | sleep

Comment from: Erinka, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 05

I absolutely love"d" this drug. I had absolutely "NO" side effects with it. Whereas with Premarin I had weight gain, water retention, "VERY" tender/sore breasts, mood swings, etc. I am not trying the 0.325 oral of premarin to see if it will subside the side effects. Not sure why the company has discontinued making ogen, not too pleased with that.

Related Reading: Premarin

Comment from: bsf, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

Improvement on hot flashes and sleep, while weight gain and bloating have been an issue.

Comment from: green.side.up, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 03

I have been using a .625 generic of Ogen (Watson 414)since it became available. Altho I am 78 years old, hot flashes made my life miserable since a partial hysterectomy many years ago. I have tried to go off of estroget, but day and night flashes return. Benefits outweigh the risks in my opinion. I hope it is not made from pregnant horse urine like Premarin. I object to their vile treatment of horses.

Comment from: xemelka, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 14

I love ogen. Long after menopause, I started having dreanching night sweats. My doctor prescribed this tiny amount of ogen -Instantly the night sweats disappeared. Since I see no difference at all between generic & name brand, I take the generic. Great benifits, no side effects and inexpencive.

Related Reading: night sweats