Olux User Reviews

Olux - User Reviews

Olux User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Olux sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: needlepointer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

I have had scalp psoriasis for over 20 years and topical medications never worked for me. This works great, it's not greasy, it's easy to use and you don't have to leave it in and then wash it out. My hair is color treated and it doesn't affect the color.

Related Reading: scalp psoriasis

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

Nothing else worked except this... after almost 3 months of other stuff,the foam did the trick!I only put it on once a day for two weeks.....Supposedly,I have sebboreic dermatitis...

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 14

In 2005, I used olux that helped the dry scalps and irrations and itchings gone away..

Related Reading: olux

Comment from: kitty, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

Wonderful product. Have uased it everyday for 2 months. About 90% effective. I do need a total of 12 scalp injections to get rid of the remaining inflamation. I use it conjunction with Ketoconazole shampoo.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

this was dermatoligst prescribed 4 days ago and what a difference so far

Comment from: LUChic2003, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

I have used this medication now for almost a year and although I do find it works on moderate areas of psoriasis I dont feel it breaks through the tougher areas but as I said worked on the moderate areas. I do find this very easy to use and would really recommend it to people with moderate psoriasis. It did relieve the itching associated with it though. it worked great for that!!

Related Reading: psoriasis | itching

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

I agree that Olux is great and Olux-E is horrible. I don't know why they make the Olux-E and I hate that they force me to buy the Olux-E with the Olux in a kit. I wish they would stop making the Olux-E.

Related Reading: Olux-E

Comment from: mikeinSD, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 09

I have been using Olux periodically for 6 years. I had this "thing" (dermititis?) growing on my ankle for 25 years and Olux cleared it in a few days. It occasionally flares up on the same ankle or other areas on that same leg. Olux seems to clear it up in a few days. I get flare-ups about ivery 9-12 months.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 12

About 2 years ago I started losing my hair in clumps. I was diagnosed with alopecia areata. My dermatologist started treating me with Olux about 18 month ago. I was applying it in the morning and evenings. After about 6 months She switched to Olux in the morning and Retin-A in the evening. About 95% of my hair has come back and new fine hairs are still appearing. I am told my hair may have come back without this treatment. I just know the hair is slowly coming back. There are no side effects from either drug other than a slight stinging when the Olux is first applied. I found a large difference between when I first applied this foam and now. The foam immediately turns to a liquid when in contact with warm skin. When I first started using the foam with little hair I went through a can (100g) very quickly, less than a month. Now that I have most of my hair back, a can lasts 3-4 months. The foam stays a foam until I rub it in. By patting the foam rather than rubbing it, it stings more. I think this is because more of the medicine makes contact with the skin rather than the hair.

Related Reading: alopecia areata | Retin-A