Omnicef User Reviews

Omnicef - User Reviews

Omnicef User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Omnicef sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 01

broke my baby out in hives from head to toe after first does and is taking me as long as 2 weeks to get her a lil better wher i dont want to cry everytime i look at her

Comment from: T.D.D, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I honestly wish my prescription had lasted for more than 10 days. I was prescribed a 10 day round of Omnicef when my ear infection rebounded two weeks after completing a 5-day Z-pack prescription. It got rid of my ear infection, I had no GI problems at all, and there has been no rebound in my ear infection. Surprisingly,I also experienced a wonderful side effect of having my acne COMPLETELY clear up. My skin went from oily, splotchy, and covered in white heads and black heads, to being smooth balanced and acne free. I have not had better skin since the age of 9! I even had compliments at work. People told me my skin glowed! I hated getting off the antibiotic because it did help my skin so much. Now I'm back to the same oily acne prone complexion I had before. So I am actually very pleased with this medicine. It did what it was supposed to for me (cleared up my ear infection)with bonus (cleared up my acne) and no side effects. Shame I couldn't keep taking it.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

My now 2 yr old has used this medication many times. The only side effect that he gets is the red stools, which is a common side effect of this medication. It is normal. He takes this without any fuss. It works wonders on his ear infections.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 30

my 9 year old son was on this drug for 2 weeks for a severe sinus infection. he has lost numerous days of school do to the side effects. He has had extreme stomach cramps, nausea, very running stools. Very misarable. He was suppose to take it for 1 month but I took him off, and have had to make 2 extra trips to the doctor along with blood work and stool cultures to find out it was the side effects of this drug. I would not recommend this drug.