Onglyza User Reviews

Onglyza - User Reviews

Onglyza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Onglyza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: napd011, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

I take this medicine about one hour before supper it has lower my blood sugar from the four hundred range to around 160 two hours after eating supper it is the best medicine i have been on and i can tell a big different on how i feel after taking this medicine however the medicine is very expensive and i doubt my insurance company well approve me being on this drug as approval by the insurance company is required (the drugs cost 215.00 for thirty pills) i have not noticed any side effect as of yet

Comment from: banana, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

I've been on this med for approx. 2 weeks now. I was afraid at first from all of the negative comments I read. However, this has been the best thing for me. My numbers have improved tremendously. I've had no problems and will continue to use it.

Comment from: nmb619, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 06

I have high sugar readings in the morning and taking Onglyza greatly improved my levels in the morning and during the day. I also take Amaryl in the morning and after dinner. I was doing great on the drug up to about one month later. I developed pain in my knees at first. Then it progressed to my upper thighs and calves. I literally could not walk. The pain was so bad that I could not sleep and there was nothing to help alleviate the pain. I thought that maybe, I had sciatica or some form of arthritis. I was also on Crestor and I thought that my leg cramps might be caused by that medication. I stopped the Crestor and the pains got worse. I got to the point that I was crying. I finally decided that I must come off of this horrible medication and without doctor's orders, I did. After about two days, my pain has improved and I can finally I can finally walk and function again. I will have to notify my doctor of my action and I will never take this medication again. It is very expensive and I would rather die than take this medication again.

Related Reading: Onglyza | Amaryl | sleep

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 27

Ditched ACTOS 6 mos ago, and started Onglyza. My morning surgars are down from avg 225 to 120. Have experienced tingling in both hands in last month. No feet issues. I take 1000mg metformin am and pm. get my 6 mo A1C next week. We shall see positive trend. Difficult to lose weight despite heavy physical activity.

Related Reading: ACTOS

Comment from: Carmazo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

Since I have been on this drug I have noticed a dractic change in my mood (anger) not totally sure if it is the drug but the coincidence is to scarey

Comment from: pfb1265, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

I have been diabetic for years now. I was taking Janumet, a combination of metformin and januvia, and had severe stomach problems, a new doctor put me on onglyza and glumetza, and my sugar is stabalizing and I have had no side effects.

Related Reading: Janumet | januvia | glumetza

Comment from: chesakat, 65-74 (Patient) Published: March 21

Type II Diabetic since 1996. High readings in the AM from liver producing sugar during the night. Low doseage taken at night, no side effects, noticeable lower readings in the morning like 103, 116 rather than 165, 180. Very pleased!

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: SweetDee, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

I have been on Onglyza for about a week; and I have noticed that my blood sugars are at an acceptable range. I'am very much pleased with this medication and its effectiveness. My medical ins. takes care of most of the cost, I only pay $9.00 for 30 pills.

Comment from: Debbie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

My blood sugar was lowered and in the proper range, however I have noticed a rash on the inside of both arms and armpits.

Related Reading: rash