Onglyza User Reviews

Onglyza - User Reviews

Onglyza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Onglyza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jannieliz, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

I have experienced extreme itching and hives within 1-2 hours after taking this medicine

Related Reading: itching | hives

Comment from: chesakat, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 09

Taken since 3/2010 with Metformin 500 am - 1000 at dinner, Lantus 14 units at bed. Lowered my am readings from 180+ to 120 providing I don't eat late at night. No side effects noticed except: possible strange vivid dreams. Will talk to Dr. about this. No weight or appetite loss. Over all, very satisfied with this med.

Related Reading: Lantus

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

I am not sure if the problems I'm having are from taking this drug. Started taking it about the same time I began having difficulty sleeping, dry mouth, lethargic, endema in legs and aching all over my body.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: NM, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

My sugar levels have come down, some since on Onglyza but I've had lower left side abdominal pain, every night and finally, noticed it is a symptom. I don't feel it is worth taking, with this pain and I've also noticed hair loss but could be from another med, I started near the same time. I am going off it and hope to find something that lowers without causing a worse problem. None of this was explained to be, prior to my starting Onglyza. Would NOT recommend! Worried about this pain. Never had it before and also, I've felt very warm in the mornings.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | hair loss | Onglyza

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 01

Numbers are down to normal or near normal range. No noticeable adverse side effects. I was diagnosed in 1990 and was treated for two years, lost several pounds and quit taking glucotrol. Recently had a TIA and was put on onglyza. After two weeks numbers were in normal range again. Expensive but my insurance is good so far.

Related Reading: glucotrol

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 03

After being on the medication for a couple of days I noticed drenching night sweats and a rise in my B/P due to retaining of water. I've tried to start this med twice with the same results. Also sever leg cramps. Will not take it again.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: thimblelady1, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

Blood glucose was well within acceptable ranges for 4-6 weeks, after that they began to graduaolly increase. The whole time I have been taking this I have had multiple (6-8 times a day) incidences of complete whole body drenching sweating. This is enough to cause be to seek another medication. I will call the dr seeking an alternative medication.

Comment from: cfly, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I'm experiencing bloating and gas for the whole time I've been taking Onglyz..

Comment from: q6u3wk, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

This medication is really bad for me. The side effects that it has caused to me are terrible! It should be ilegal to sell a medication like this.