Opana ER User Reviews

Opana ER - User Reviews

Opana ER User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana ER sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 1978aggie, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I have had Fibromyalgia with fairly severe chronic pain and fatigue for about 10 years. Diagnosed by 3 different doctors. Referred to a Pain Specialist and have been treated there for approximately 8 years. I have tried many different medications including Vicodin, OxyContin, Methadone, Morphine, Duragesic Fentynal Patch, and many non-narcotic meds. I have been taking Opana for almost 2 years. I take 120 mg/twice a day. They wear off before the 12 hours, like many have said, but I have Xodol for breakthrough pain. I have developed a tolerance for narcotics, hence the relatively high doses. Opana has been more effective than most everything I've tried, but because of insurance limits, cannot go up on dose, and Opana is very expensive. I don't notice that Opana makes me drowsy or less alert, so that's not a problem. I am fatigued anyway from the Fibromyalgia, but am not any worse taking the medication. Constipation is a problem, but I am taking other meds that cause constipation also, so not sure how much of a problem it would be on its own. I would recommend Opana if there is a need for continual chronic pain relief. It has helped me and I can function as well as possible.

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia | chronic pain | fatigue

Comment from: Ainthatingit, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I fell in my bathroom and hurt my back in 2006. Once I finally took the injury seriously(got to the point that I couldn't get out of bed without my husbands help)I did everything..6 weeks of physically therapy, epidural, trigger point injections. In the meantime of course I was put on medications. After a year of being on short acting meds, I was eating them like candy. 5 mg lortab.The pharmacist was the one who told me to ask for something more effective. So they started me on 10 mg Lortab, and then Oxycotin. They worked great & I could control my pain effectively. Then Oxycotin was no longer available as a generic, and I had to switch my long acting meds. I was prescribed 10 mg Opana twice a day. It worked great! I was apprehensive b/c it took the doctors so long to finally get my medications right to effectively control my pain. Opana worked so well, that most of the time I only have to take the first dose in the am, and then supplement with lortab throughout the day. I also take 20 mg flexeral and 1 mg xanax every night at bedtime. My quality of life is so much better. However, my insurance changed and they would only cover generic meds. Opana was $164.00/mo and was costly since I was laid off back in January. So now my insurance company says try Methadone. I think methadone is very effective too, but I don't like the stereotype that goes with methadone...which is your a heroin addict. People in the health industry and who deal with pain, know that methadone is an effective pain management medication. However, I still prefer Opana over Oxycotin, MS Cotin( which Did NOT work for me), and Methadone. FINALLY found a doctor who cared, and wants to help fix my back-MRI showed that I have 2 herniated discs, plus nerve damage, spondylosis, and degenerative discs. So I just had my 2nd epidural 5 days ago, and the jury is still out. I know my back pain has greatly improved, but the shooting pains down both legs are suppose to be a temporary side effect from it.

Related Reading: Opana | xanax | pain management

Comment from: Chris D, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

For me Opana ER is the best medication I have had in 20 years. I've been on medications for 20 years after an accident. Vicondin or Norco 10/325 did not work. But Opana ER and Norco 10/325 gave me my life back. Opana ER should be put into university hospitals where it is mostly needed. I've had to educate nurse's and Doctor's as well as patient's on this product. I need this product to get my life back, I'm in pain management and the MS OXYCONTIN 30MG x3 ADAY does not work alone. But the Opana ER with a short term medication such as Norco 10/325 gave me my life back. I don't give opions but only facts. If given this regimen I could go back to work and get off of Social Security, go fishing and play with my children again. Please educate the Doctors on this awesome medication. My name is Christoper Duran 1403 Jackson keller Rd. apt # 110E San Antonio, TX 78213 (210)530-4697. I need OPANA TO lIVE again, not to just lay in bed with this ms oxycontin, which does not even put me to sleep. Opana ER lets me be as active as I can be. Thank you for Opana ER, I hope I can get it with my Medicare. My doctor gave me a prescription for it but at $497.00 thats my whole social security Check. But I'll do What ever I can to get it again. Thanks Opana ER for changing my life and hopefully others. Christopher Duran P.S. Opana ER gave me no side effect's. CD

Related Reading: Opana ER | Norco | OXYCONTIN

Comment from: wolfing, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I have just started Opana ER 20 MG one tab every 12 hrs starting about two weeks ago. Before starting Opana my family doctor had prescribed Hydroco/APAP 7.5 every four hours. Explaining to my family doctor the Hydroco/7.5 was all but worthless and left me unable to do just the most normal of things in life, she sent me to a Pain Management Center. In 2003 I was operated on for bulging L4 and L5 disc. A new MRI shows severe disc protrusion; sever degeneration L4/L5, causing low back pain, radiculopathy to the hip, both legs, right foot. The pain being so incapacitating, just walking or laying down was an exercise in how much pain I was able to stand. I have been living on one an a half, to two hours of sleep for years. I would awaken as if someone had hit me in the lower back and legs with a hammer, take two Hydroco/7.5. Enhance it with a shot of whiskey, just to be able to get a little more sleep! Yes; I understand; a not so smart move, but I was at the end of my line. Being prescribed Opana has been a God sent; I have had the first good nights sleep in years. No side effects at all, so far!

Related Reading: radiculopathy | sleep