Opana ER User Reviews

Opana ER - User Reviews

Opana ER User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana ER sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: athomemom22, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 06

After several years on other pain relievers (lortab, morphine, vicodin, percocet, etc...) that seemed to help only a little and required me to frequently up my dosage for the same amount of pain relief, my doctor suggested taht I try Opana. I was leary at first as it a schedule II narcotic and my pharmacist warned against it. However, the benefits have far outweighed the risk for me. I only take it twice per day instead of several times with the other narcotics. I never got that jittery, drugged feeling that I associate with strong pain medications. It only helps to relieve the pain and helps with my energy level. The only drawback that I have experienced is that Opana takes a while to get into your system and does not help with break through pain. I sometimes still have to take the other narcotics that I was trying to get away from but not in anywhere near as high a dose or as often. It does wear off a few hours before it is supposed to but if you take it on the same set schedule you can work around that. I would reccommend this medicine for anyone who is expected to require pain medication for an extended period of time.

Related Reading: vicodin | percocet

Comment from: boss302kirk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 17

I am pleased to see so many of my fellow pain suffering friends to be giving accurate,positive reports on opana. 7-10 days ago there were only a handful of you giving correct reports.Mostly, the reports were negative or blank.Most of you know my story{see opana oral},and for those of you that haven't, check me out before you start with the whining, as if your'e the only one with severe pain. Finally, we're getting great feedback for our hero, opana. I went through the "why me" period several years ago, and I can assure you, it boils down to DENIAL,DEPRESSION,AND DEATH.The three deadly D's. So keep a good spirit, take your meds correctly, and TALK TO YOUR DR. Most patients do not converse openly and honestly with their Dr. This is a key factor in correctly assessing your pain. So bravo to all who gave opana the credit it deserves. I'm so-o-o tired of reading about the person who is upset because their Dr. took them off oxycontin, morphine sulfate, actiq, etc. They are just looking for a quick "high" and are not in the mode of "pain control". Congrats to allof you positive and intelligent people out there. I am always willing to talk about pain control,conditions,medications, and general well-being for my fellow pain-ridden patients.I can be reached at mboand@cox.net. God Bless and good luck. boss302kirk@yahoo.com

Related Reading: boils | DEPRESSION | actiq

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 24

i have been taking opana 40 mg for two years and i was able to live again without pain now that they changed to the new formula i'm back to so much pain i can't sleep my stress level is so high because i just don't know what i'm going to do now my pain is getting worse and worse each passing day i have severe arthritis i had all my joints removed from my toes ---- ENDO PHAR should be a shamed lied to the public about the shortage only to be changing the formula didn't even notify the public about the change --- i really don't know where to go from here this is just so crazy to be going through this garbage all over again..... i just don't understand why i should be punished doctors should be more careful on who they perscribe this kind of medication to i have been disabled for over 25 years now i have to suffer........!!!!!!!

Related Reading: stress | arthritis

Comment from: Dot, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

Has helped my chronic pain more than anything else.

Comment from: mercedezmama, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

I have just been switched from Oxycontin 80mg tabs to Opana 40mg tabs due to insurance reasons. Took my first dose this am and within 30min felt some relief. I am hoping this medication will work as well as the Oxycontin did. If anyone has been switched could you please tell me if this medication was effective for you.

Comment from: DreamAngel629, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

Since I have been on OpanaER, which is almost 6 months, I have seen a significant decrease in my pain levels. Within 2 - 3 days my pain level went from a 9 to a 6-7. For me that is a big deal. I was on Oxycotin for over 3 years, which to me, at the amount I was taking was doing nothing. Someone made a remake to me that when her sister stopped taking Oxycotin she actually felt better. At the time I didnt believe her, but now I do. Being on 140mg twice a day, plus all the other meds, I was ready to put a gun to my head. When my doctor switched me to OpanaER as a trial, I couldnt believe the relief I felt. Today, I am able to function better and life feels better. I will be in pain, probably for the rest of my life, but anyone out there who is sceptical about Opana. Just try it! If u are like me or other who agree with me, what do u have to lose, but the PAIN. Good luck and I will keep everyone in my prayers. BTW, Boss, Thank you.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain