Opana ER User Reviews

Opana ER - User Reviews

Opana ER User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana ER sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KMe, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 25

I have been taking 30 mg/12hrs for a year and a half now. The opana helps IMMENSELY with my pain but i have now found it to be EXTREMELY addictive for me. But it is the only pain medication that has ever helped me with my pain. Just be careful and watch for the signs of dependence on this drug!

Comment from: mtigercat, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I have had a laminectomy and a failed L4-L5 fusion (not helped with pain). Allergic to codeine. I take Opana ER 20mg 3x day, percocet 10/325mg 3x day as needed, and 1/2-2 zanaflex at bedtime. Medication is wonderful. I can function on a daily basis. Still have bad days, but tolerable. Only side effect is constipation. Take a stool softener daily and Miralax when real bad. I have no other side effects. I don't get the medicine head feeling or tiredness or jittery (from opana er). This is a miracle drug for me. I have had nerve blocks, steroid injections, burnt nerves, physical therapy numerous times. All have provided little or no relief. this med is the best thing for me. i have my life back!

Related Reading: zanaflex | constipation | Miralax

Comment from: Dngrus03Busa1300 (aol/aim&Y~Messenger), 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

Works pretty good at first, however I have only been on this for 2 weeks and also Dilodid for breakthrough pain. I have been on everything from Vicodin to Oxycontin and Methadone and this so far has workd the best. I will be having my dose increased from 20mg twice a day to 40mg twice a day in 2 weeks and then most likely again after another month as I have been on these types of medications for 6 years.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

used as a supplement to duragesic patches. Timing is an issue. Must take two hours after or one hour before meals twice daily

Related Reading: duragesic

Comment from: TY!, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

This medication does not affect me as my other narcotic or non-narcotic presciption pain medication has in the past.I suffer w/severe chronic neck but mostly back pain.I am physically dependant,without the medication I am in so much pain I can barely walk.I am so happy to say that opana 10mg. doesn't make me feel sleepy,dizzy,naseous,or like hydrocodone,irritable and ache throughout my body.It has only been 1 week but this is truly the most comfortable I have been since my accdint in 1993! I have been taking roxicodone i.r. 30mg. since 2005. The last 3 years I have lived in Pennsylvania, the pain managment doctor is giving me injections,different types,along w/roxi ir. I have always taken a time release medication along w/the ir. I have told my doctor the ir. does not work or have the same effect or does it help as long as well.I have suffered so much,when all the time this medication was there!Now I feel like I will be able to have a better,healthier life!I have some pain,this reminds me of my limitations!I now can look forward to spending a next to normal tomorrow and the rest of my days enyoyably with my family!!I look forward in making new friends also,due to the pain,I could not go places or even shop.The normal,practically pain-free hours to me is a taste of freedom!I am posting this in hope to help doctors understand physical dependance as well as someone suffering and wants out of the trap of medication and the prison of pain! Thank-you to anybody that is dedicated to science,medicine,and helping the sick And injured!! GOD BLESS

Related Reading: roxicodone

Comment from: thankgod, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

All I can say is thank god for this medicine.I have r.arth. and have been in pain for two years.I took loratab ten 3 a day.The pain would always come back at night.If you truly want a medicine with no side effects that will give you your life back.This is the one.I dont know why more docs dont prescribe it.Its worth the money for me to be a good mother and wife again.Good luck to all

Comment from: jenrile, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 14

I have RA and Fibroymalgia. I used to take norco 2 every 4 hours. Now I am on Opana er 40 mg 2x day and I told the doctor that it doesn't last 12 hours. He doubled my dose. Now I am suppose to take 80 mg of opana er every 12 hours. Does that seem like a lot to you??? The pain relief is great with the opana er just doesn't last 12 hours.

Comment from: rockets, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 16

Neck surgery with fusion, ruptured disc in lower back S1-C5, replacement, spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease and 6 knee surgeries with a final reconstructive procedure. I lived with chronic pain for about twenty years and finally was referred to pain management specialist. I now take 30 Mg of opana every 4 hours, one opana ER every 8 hours, zana flex 1 in the morning 1 to 2 in after noon and two at bed time, also 10 Mg Valium every 4 hours. For the first time in twenty plus years I can say I finally have a quality of life returned to me. I still have major flair-ups from time to time but on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give the open regiment a solid 7.

Related Reading: Valium