Opana ER User Reviews

Opana ER - User Reviews

Opana ER User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana ER sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: boss302kirk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 20

to jadi90, your assessment of the proper way to take opana is right on the money! Always follow doctor's orders regarding the taking of opana, as you do. Kudos for following doctor's instructions on the proper procedures for the digestion of opana. RIGHT ON! More and more people are catching on to opana and it's special mode of action. Basically, if you take it with food, you WILL be in bed due to the fact that it causes opana to explode in your system and possibly let go with a lethal dosage. I'm very proud of you and others like us that know this. Keep healthy and God Bless! boss302kirk

Comment from: lostinTOB, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 19

Opana has given me back my life. I had such awful back pain from an injury I wanted to die. Opana saved my life!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 13

love. love,love, love. seriously reduced the amount of lesser fast acting narcotics i was taking. ive been on everything under the sun to manage my pain. narcotics, gabas, muscle relaxers, you name it. my pain tends to be unresponsive to narcotics but this works. little side effects. m=no constipation, and i feel that it actually regulates my body temperature.

Comment from: lbush202, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

I have been on opana ER 15mg 2 times per day and 2-3 hydrocodone 7.5/750 per day. The Opana works much better than just hydro alone. I have been on this for 3 years and last surgery in Nov last year. Total 3 surgeries and no luck. I hope this review can help someone else.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 02

I have had spinal stenosis for 8 years. They have had me on everything from loratab to Morphine! This really works!! It last for 11-12 hours with no side effects. I have been taking it for about 6 months and it is the only med that I have had that I can actually get up and at least get back to some of the things I was doing before. Sometimes I get a head of myself and Over do it because it works so well. I am on Oxycodone for break through pain which I rarely use but get just in case!!

Comment from: Lboughter123, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

I am another DDD w/Lower back,tailbone and neck fusions. In addition I am a Type1 Diabetic w/ severe insulin intolerance.And I am a Cardiac Patient who has had 2 attacks w/a 5 way bypass and pacemaker insertion. Needless 2 say I need to watch my meds. I WAS taking 3-80 mg Oxycontin for years until a move changed my doc. New doc would not prescribe anything other than Vicodin 7-750 4 times a day. Now thru pain management I am started on Opana 10 mgs 1 every 12 hours.Thank You God and Pain Management. I have always managed my pain well and to be honest I like to have a little pain to remind me to watch what I take. Have a new CT coming up so I suspect I will be bumped up a little as far as mgs go but otherwise I Am VERY HAPPY with Opana ER. Oh yeah I am only 53 and started all except Diabetes w/the heart attack when I was 42.

Related Reading: Diabetes | heart attack

Comment from: Charlie B, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

I have had 3 operations on my back , for slipped disc . I have severe pain that runs down my legs to my feet , the pain is a 7 to a 10 . I was on the 100 duragesic patch then long acting morphine ( avinza ) I have tried all of the other stuff and little pain relief . I was then given Opana to try , it is extreemly expensive and was of no help at all / when the last of the patches wore off , I woke up at 3 am in the worst pain I have ever felt . Thanks to rescue meds I was able to get some releif ( MSIR 30 mg ) Nerve pain is the worst . I am a retired police officer , I spent my life fighting drugs and Now I see that they are really needed . I beleive that the doctors that are willing to help by giving the proper medications are the Heros , they risk it all to help . The govt. is way too agressive in chasing the " easy catches " ( It is easy to arrest a doctor , he even has to send in a report on all the meds he writes ) it is an easy bust , How sad . PAIN DOCTORS ARE NEEDED. IF YOU GIVE UP PLEASE DON'T OVER DUE THE MEDS , TALK TO YOUR DOC AND TELL HIM OR HER . If you find a drug that really helps , or does not work please post , let everybody know .

Related Reading: avinza