Opana User Reviews

Opana - User Reviews

Opana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: boss302kirk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 27

I have chronic severe pain due to pancreatitis,osteoporosis,osteoarthritis, and a host of other bummers that I don,t care to get into. My input will not be well-liked by most patients. From what I've read with exception of the rare kidney disorder, these so-called patients are looking for a "high". I have spent 35 years dealing with pancreatitis{chronic-relapsing} to be exact. Also known as "auto-digestion" for those of you not in the business of pain control. I'm 51 yrs. old and if, I say if, I get high on my meds...boy to have that old feeling back. But it's not going to happen. Pain control is all I have. My method of using opana works for me. People, I've tried thm all in my search for the pain-free day, and opana gives me a leg up on it. My response to the gentleman who likes 8mg dilaudid, he's looking for a quick high,being dilaudid is an immediate release drug. 10mg of IR opana would make 8mg of dilaudid seem just ok. I was on exactly that before opana. Opana wins,hands down in the pain control area. Try living in the pain control world, instead of the "get high" world. Your life would be better. I wish you all well and God Bless.

Comment from: boss302kirk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

kudos to jitterbug for hanging in there, rolling with the side effects that everyone goes through while asssessing a new med, and finding positive relief through blind faith! You are the first patient,other than myself, that found excellent pain control other than looking for a "high!" I only hope that others in our situation take heed and follow through with a positive attitude to control pain! CONGRATULATIONS! Sincerely, boss302kirk@yahoo.com.

Comment from: counselorhoward, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

I have had 4 herniated Disc's & use MS-Contin for a long acting Opiate & & I have used Dilaudid 8 mgs that gives me nausea, However I found that 10mg-30 mgs IR. Opana to be superior to either IR. Opana has been around for 20 years as first Numorphin or Oxymorphone. I just started using it, & aside for minor side effects it works when I am in Severe Pain. People who are in serious pain are not interested in the High, but the Relief the drug gives. I agree, if its not working for you, your not taking enough. I Am a Therapist & know there are no perfect drugs, but how we respond to them & the effort we make to understand our Pain.

Related Reading: herniated Disc | MS-Contin | Dilaudid

Comment from: shirley, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 13

I`ve had 5 back surgeries and been on so many pain meds and this medication really helps the pain.And i have my appetite back.I take opana IR 4 times a day and dilaudid 4mg at bedtime.So i recommend this medication for back pain.No serious side affects for me.

Related Reading: opana

Comment from: stricklypresh, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

I have been using Opana 20mg twice a day and 10 mg 3-4 times a day as needed for break though pain. I was placed on it last month after having been on fentanyl finally at end of 3 yrs on it with a 125 mcg patch chged every 48 hrs and 800 mcg lollipops used as needed for break through pain - I had an allergic reaction to it and had to be changed. I went from that to 40mg oxycontin twice daily and 20 mcg oxycodone 3 times a day. Worked well for 7 mos, then I had an allergic reaction to those and thus Opana. Onl difficulties so far are some constipation and a lot of sleep, both I figure will pass with adjustment. My pain is so severe from head to foot and so different for each area. I neurothapy in both hands and feet. They burn like as if I was in self combustion yet the surfaces are numb. I've had carpal-tunnel surgery on both hands. I have degenerative arthritis that has destroyed the facets in the small of my back leaving nerves exposed and severely damaged with damage continuing. I have 3 bulging discs in the cervical area with damaged facets also. T5 is damaged from the arthritis all of which cause great pain down my arms and across my shoulders and have absolutely throbbing shoulder blades. I fell in the shower in 2005 causing 2 compression fractures to L5 which have increased to 4 fractures due to arthritis plus 2 bulging discs at L4 and L3. S1-S3 have facet problems. I also have fibromyalgia. I have had thermoplasty on L5. Radio Frequency both left and right L5-S15 times just this last year and Epidurals - all to no avail. Had RF 2 yrs ago that lasted 2.5 mos for which I still thank God for the relief. No pain meds stop my pain and I cannot stand or walk without my walker with chair in it. But I am so very thankful for all of the meds that have been available to help ease my pain. I just pray I do not become allergic to Opana, also. Pray for me/

Related Reading: oxycontin | constipation | sleep