Opana User Reviews

Opana - User Reviews

Opana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lisakcoan, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 15

I have RSD/CRPS and a slew of other medical problems and was taking 100mg of oxycontin 3x day and we decided to switch to Opana 30mg 2x day. It has been doing fairly well controlling my pain though I have still been having to take my breakthrough medication fairly often. I almost wish they would increase the dose on the Opana so that I wouldn't have to keep taking the breakthrough meds so often. I think that this has been a good switch for me as the Oxycontin was not covering my pain as well as it should have. I do have a staph infection and cellulitis right now so it may work even better when those are gone. I do have additional pain from those infections right now and its not quite covering that added pain at this time. But it is still better than the Oxycontin was doing!! All in all I think a positive switch :) Lisa

Related Reading: staph infection | cellulitis

Comment from: kmair517@gmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

I have been on every pain medicine out there like everyone else who has posted. This is the only medication that addresses my chronic pain, didn't make me drowsy and I can actually think clearly on it.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: pdwlsn, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 13

Opana is a life saver for me. It helps all of my pain I was taking 5 percocets a day before the Opana now I take 20 mg twice a day and percets for break thru. I have a lot of different pain but the worst is when I broke my heel at work a year ago. I still have problems with it 2 screws have gone thru the bone and into the soft tissue. I am walking on a bone spur and Opana. Before I started taking the Opana I could not walk into store and buy milk without being almost in tears by the time I got out. Now I can actually walk into a store and do all of my grocary shopping. I still need the heel operated on again but the Opana has given me a summer and fall without being disabled to do anything. I was in a cast for almost a year when I broke the heel.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I had become dependent on a variety of different drugs including oxycodone and hydrocodone. All I did was sleep too much, not want to go anywhere, and watch tv (especially when I had break through pain and sometimes took more for it). I tried to stop taking pain medication but I was in so much pain that I could barely work. I have been on Opana for about a week and a half now and feeling great. The pain is liveable now, I am still active and able to complete my daily activities, and I don't find myself having as much breakthrough pain. For me, this drug is working great and has saved my life!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

I am a 54 yo female (young, no serious health problems, working & thriving 'til a car accident hurt my back [L4&5] severely. That's all long lasting. I used Opana rx for the last 4 months & it helped the pain but the side effects made me too ill. Now I prefer the pain. Read some of what happened to me in the last 2 months. Symps/moderate to severe: bowels, continuous urinary tract infections w/either no stoppage of emptying bladder or blockage, balance issues, nausea, panic attacks & anxiety, breathing problems, high blood pessure, dry mouth, sweating, blurred vision, trouble sleeping & loss of appetite. You ask why did I suffer so long? Well, becuz my current pain mgmt doctor refused to take me off. His answer to all this: (1) see a urologist (never been to one in my life) AND (2) I'm "allergic to my husband" & "he needs to be on antibiotics at the same time" as I am. That was just two days ago. I called my pharmacist today and she told me to stop IMMEDIATELY & I feel better already! If he sees me again it will be a picture. TAKE THIS MEDICINE IN THE CARE OF A DOCTOR THAT YOU TRUST WHO WILL MONITOR YOU CLOSELY. THE ONE I HAD CAME WITH GREAT RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MY BACK SPECIALIST. HE WAS NOT COMPETENT & I'M GOING TO REPORT HIM! THANK YOU WEBMD FOR YOUR INFO!

Related Reading: panic attacks | anxiety | dry mouth

Comment from: jitterbug, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 05

I had trouble tolerating OpanaER and IR at first. After I had been on it about 2 weeks, the side effects went away. Then I realized how well it was managing my pain. The only thing I have had to work with is making sure I take it at specific times or I will start having withdraw symptoms. I can tell if I miss my scheduled dose by one to two hours. But, it works better than anything else I've taken (methadone, oxycontin, dilaudid and several others). I was in a car accident when I was 21yrs old. It ruptured a disc in my neck (between C5 and C6),so it had to be removed. It has been 23yrs ago and now I have two more discs that are bulging along with facet joint problems. This medicine has allowed me to do so much more with my family without being miserable. I HIGHLY recommend OpanaER and IR for breakthrough pain.