Opana User Reviews

Opana - User Reviews

Opana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: enjoylifewhileucan, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 12

I have had severe back problems for over 14yrs, I have a birth defect that went without notice which caused lots of other issues in my lower back! I have been on just ut every pain medicine out there so I know something about them, opana doesn't have the ups and downs a lot of the time release meds have. I take opana ER 40mg 3 times a day with oxycodone 10/650mg 4 times a day! I actually can enjoy my life unlike the past bcuz I stayed in severe pain 24/7 finally with opana I'm finally able 2 enjoy life with little to no pain!!! I don't feel doped/drugged up!

Related Reading: opana ER

Comment from: rsdbarbie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

Opana comes in two forms the long acting and the short acting for breakthrough pain. Both drugs should be reviewed seperate. As with any major change in pain I medications I did have some severe withdrawl issues. This drug is at 50% of oxy and to do it right you need to go in at even a lower dose them make 10mg adjustments. I went from 240 oxy a day to 80mg opana a day and had severe spasms in my intestines sick to my stomach and could not eat. After i got it built back up to 120 mg of opana( the equivalant) of oxy it all went away. So sometimes I think the reported side effects of this drug the first few weeks is more the side effects of cooming off the current medications and making the switch to Opana. I am not sure yet if it is better than oxy was for my pain control for full body rsd but I am going to give it 4 to 6 weeks of a constant dose before i decide.

Comment from: buddy262, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

I started out with opana er, the regular opana, extreme nausea, very jittery, having trouble sleeping, makes me feel very weird, plus it is very difficult to get at any pharmacy, becasue not a lot of people are put on it, so it takes time to order it.

Comment from: mommy of 5, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 20

i have been on opana for about 6 months after a bad hit and run car accident i tried just about everything out their and nothing worked now my DR has me on opana 5mg 2x and Kadian 100mg1x and i actually feel GREAT! i love being able to actually get out of bed and walk and get dressed myself!

Related Reading: Kadian

Comment from: brinlizpeterson, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I have severe low back pain. Opana IR or ER either one just don't knock the pain out, they ease it but they aren't as effective as I would like.

Comment from: Perky, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

This is the very first time I have ever taken a medication that took away my pain!!!!! I have suffered for more than 15 years with severe back and neck pain. I have done everything possible to get the pain to go away. Opana and Opana ER have given me back my life. I can actually enjoy watching my boys (ages 12 and 8) play. I could barely get out of bed before starting on Opana. I am very grateful to the pain specialist that I am seeing for prescribing this medication for me. I have not felt any "high" with this medication. I have not suffered any side effects from this medication. I am very Thankful for this medication.

Related Reading: neck pain

Comment from: GRATEFUL, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN IN ALOT OF AREAS IN MY BODY,I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ALOT OF PAIN IN MY LEGS DUE TO PERIPHEAL NERVE DAMAGE SINCE CHILDHOOD,AND AS I BECAME OLDER MOST ALL OF THE WORK I'VE DONE WAS PHYSICAL LABOR,AND THAT WORE MY BODY OUT SOONER,I'VE ENJOINED THAT KIND OF WORK,BECAUSE I WAS VERY HYPER ALSO,I;VE HAD ALOT OF ENJURIES DUE TO THAT,AND SEVERAL MOTOR VEHICHAL INJURIES,SUCH AS WHIPLASH AND BACK INJURIES,AND I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA,AND NERVE PAIN IN MY LEGS AND FEET,2 ROTATOR CUFF SURGERIES,SUCH AS CERVICAL FUSION iN MY NECK , I ALSO SUFFER FROM BACK INGURIES,ALSO I HAVE OSTEOARTHRITS,ECT.SO YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW MUCH PAIN I INDURE MOST EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE,SO THIS IS WHY NEED STRONG PAIN MEICATION.IT'S HARD FOR ME TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT.THERE ARE OTHER PAINS THAT I HAVE TO LIVE WITH,TOO MANY TO MENTION,SO THIS PAIN MEDICATION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT PART OF MY LIFE,JUST TO LIVE A DAY WITHOUT PAIN,OR I SHOULD SAY I'M VERY,GRATEFUL TO WHOM EVER MADE THIS NEW PAIN MEDICATION,SO THANKS SO MUCH ECT.SINCERELY,KATHY DUNLAP.

Related Reading: WHIPLASH | FIBROMYALGIA

Comment from: Mangog, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I have had and heard it all before so it was no surprise that the new Opana does not work well at all. Period. Way too slow to work and then by the end of the day with my last 30 mg. 3 x/day I am exhausted at work and feel like I have been given a strong sedative and I feel nauseated. My thought is that the pills are so damned slow release that the medicine builds up in my system and by the end of the day I am high but it is not a good high, I am ehausted, nauseated, and pissed off that this is what we patients have to suffer so all of t he doo-gooders in government and the medical industry can be assured that nobody is feeling good, high, euphoria, and we are all miserable and will consider living with the pain rather than the treatment. What a wonderful country America has become. I am now considering looking for another doctor to go back on Oxycodone or some other form of drug than Opana. I am also looking to purchase meds from other sources than the system of stupidity we have here in the USA. I hope all of the geniouses are happy now that the patients are sick and probably being poisoned from this new technology. I have never sued anyone in my life but if this one goes to a class action law suit, count me in.