Opana User Reviews

Opana - User Reviews

Opana User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Opana sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jinksdriver8, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 25

have severe pain due to an industrial accident,could not find any drug to relieve the pain even slightly,until given opana er.take 40mg 4 x a day 2 in the morning 2 at night....was a miracle drug finally i could enjoy my life again.......then thanks to all you effing junkies' the government made them change the formula...now its like taking 4 pieces of plastic...i even find some of the pills still whole in my stool...charge my insurance co 1600 dollars a month for this crap...thank you to all you drug addicts out there. hope you die feeling the same pain i must live with every day again.

Comment from: pappybill, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

After years on hydrocodone for neck pain, Opana Oral gives me some welcome relief with less drowsiness and prostate problems. I also tried oxycodone for a few months which gave great pain relief, but had to discontinue that because of aggressive behavior (and because my wife said so). Opana gives me almost as much relief as oxycodone without noticeable side-effects except for some drowsiness.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 16

I have bulging and protruding discs along with degenrative bone disease. I am constantly in major pain. After one Opana, the pain drops from a 10 to a 2-3. It works for me.

Comment from: Mrtoltzy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

I've used Opana ER 40 and Opana IR 10 for 2 years. Its simply the best at killing my pain.

Comment from: Kraisins, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 01

I used this drug briefly for breakthrough pain to avoid a trip to the ER and it's corresponding $200 charge. It does work very quickly - usually within 10 minutes but the one side effect made it utterly impossible to use. It made me so constipated that I now have a case of hemorrhoids. They are so bad that their pain rivals the original pain my back/belly. I had to stop because life is now doubly unbearable. I tried to work around the constipation with diet, water and stool softeners but it's not enough. I just told my pain management doctor today that this cure is worse than the ill.

Related Reading: hemorrhoids | pain management

Comment from: GinaAngel56, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been taking Opana ER 40mg/every 12 hours & Opana oral for break through pain. I am NEVER out of pain! Prior to this I took Roxicodone. Then I had microdiscectomy & IDET done on L4/L5 & L5/S1 & ended up in severe/completely debilitating pain a week & 1/2 later & in the hospital for 2 wks. There, I was on Dilaudid IV and Fentanyl 100mg patch. I was switched from the IV Dilaudid to Opana when I came home and kept the 100mg Fenanyl patch, still in a lot of pain. A week & 1/2 later the dr added Opana ER & had me stop the patch due to no relief of pain. The side effects on Opana are HORRIBLE!!! Severe constipation, spontaneous sweating, groggy, insomnia, stomach bloated, 20lb weight gain, constant mild headache & unable to focus. Even if Opana worked for my pain, which it does NOT ~ the side effects are not worth it. My pain is still at a 3 when laying down and it shoots to a 9 when I stand up from sitting, when I walk, etc. I see a surgeon on 11/15/10 regarding disc bulge & spinal stenosis at L1/L2. In the meantime, I have a call into my pain management dr. I have decreased the use of Opana IR & increased my Senekot and actually had a bm today! I had to PUSH really hard, but at least I got something more than little marble sized pieces. I look forward to my dr's call & stopping Opana completely! I would not recommend this medication to anyone! DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION!

Related Reading: Roxicodone | insomnia | headache