Oracea User Reviews

Oracea - User Reviews

Oracea User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oracea sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I was cleared up after a week and the reoccurance has been nil. No side effects to speak of. I've never seen a product work as fast and as well as this one. I'm very satisfied and now I can smile and be seen in public again. I'm experiencing adult acne and problems due to age and menopause, this has helped tremendously.

Related Reading: acne | menopause

Comment from: Rudi, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I've used it now for 3 years. I can tell when I go off for even a weekend, as my rosacea flares and severe pustules & acne form. It takes at least a week for it to kick in again, after missing several doses. It does not prevent all my acne - but does prevent breakouts from the rosacea, esp. around my nose and it decreases the redness. I had severe rosacea w/ breakouts. I looked like Rudolph the Reindeer. I've gotten used to taking it immediatly in the AM, so no breakfast until 1-2hrs later. I am worried about long-term effects and am wondering whether anyone else has experienced any.

Related Reading: rosacea

Comment from: OneandDone, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

I am a 50yo female who has had acne since I was 12. The meds available when I was a teen were not very effective, so I gave up and lived with it. After my sister nagged me about rosacea-I thought my face was just red and my breakouts were hormonal-I went to a dermatologist just to get her off my back. But dang, the derm said my sister was right. The Rx was for Oracea and metrogel. I noticed a difference within 10 days. Within 3 weeks, so did my husband and best friend. I still have some redness, but much less, virtually no breakouts, and even my acne scars are less noticeable. My Oracea Rx is for 2 months, so we'll see if it breaks the cycle of infection/ inflammation. Wish I'd had this 35 years ago! I read recently that there are some antibiotic-resistant acne bacteria out there, and that taking two antibiotics helps reduce the side effect of acne getting worse while on an antibiotic, so I think the oral Rx combined with a cream antibiotic is the way to go. BTW, my face is extremely sensitive, I have to use baby sunscreen on my face, regular sunscreen causes awful acne. So I was nervous about the cream, which I put on a few minutes after my regular moisturizer, but my face is soft and clear with it, and it's not at all greasy feeling. I am so happy to have a clear, normal-looking face that I don't even mind much that my sister was right and I was wrong!

Related Reading: Oracea | metrogel | scars

Comment from: petey, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

Problems as I take calcium twice a day. Between trying to take this medication without eating and not taking my calcium it is hard to find a time to take it. Also I do get stomach and naseau at certain times. Possibly because it is on an empty stomach as they advise.

Comment from: Bob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

I have had rosacea for about 10 years and have taken Doxycycline until about 2 months ago when my doctor switched me to Oracea and Metrogel. I have found the rosacea has almost completely disappeared and I am very happy with it. An interesting side effect as I am also a diabetic. I don't know the reason but since starting to take Oracea I have noticed a drop in blood sugar levels more into the normal range. To some extent I am curious as to why this is happening. I stopped taking Oracea for several days then started taking it again. Blood sugar levels went up with out Oracea and then went down with Oracea. This is for general information for other researchers.

Comment from: msapelila, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

Difficult to take on an empty stomach and avoid taking the calcium I need. My outbreaks have gotten worse; but it did clear up the acne that recently started. It has dried out my face and destroyed my nails.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

My face is getting worse with constant breakouts since taking this medication.

Comment from: lyn, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

i have fought acne all my life .u name it and i have taken it. this is the best medicine i have ever took and im 48 yrs old