Oracea User Reviews

Oracea - User Reviews

Oracea User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oracea sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I have had terrible skin my entire life. Problems w acne & other problems recently due to my age... This product has done wonders for my skin. I havent had anything clear my skin so effectively...and so quickly. Did get a yeast infection about 3 wks into treatment...which was cured w 1 dose of 200mg Fluconazole. The pros definately out weighed the con. Been on treatment for 5-6 weeks.

Comment from: Jenny, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 20

It keeps my face pimple free. I do get naseated with it though.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 20

I've experienced no side effects but my face has had less breakouts.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 20

My face is getting worse.

Comment from: Edie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

On my 3rd day on Oracea, I began feeling like I was getting a yeast infection. Two days later I realized it could be the meds, did my research, and sure enough, others had the same problem. I called my dermatologist who then told me not to take it any more, and called in a prescription for the yeast infection. However, this has not been a typical yeast infection. It came with severe swelling, pustules, and very bad pain. I have swollen glands too I can't believe I wasn't warned so I could've put 2 and 2 together sooner and not had this drug pumping through my system for an extra 2-3 days. Talk about MISERABLE!

Comment from: charlotte, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I took advantage of the $25.00 introductory price. My face cleared up completely after two months, with no side affects. When I went to get my 3rd refill, I was told it cost $320.00 per month with insurance, and $440.00 per month w/o insurance! Wish I had never tried it, because I can't use it anymore at +$10.00 per pill. Very disappointed.

Comment from: lauren, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

I originally thought I had poison ivy, but I finally got a bad flair up and went to the dermatologist. She prescribed this for me and it worked in less than 3 weeks. However, I had to take it with food because I got severe stomach pains. I have been off it for a week now and I still have abdominal pain from the medication. If this is the only severe side affect than I will continue to take this to keep my rosacea from flaring up.

Related Reading: poison ivy | abdominal pain

Comment from: kmn1289, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 24

Apparently Galderma/McKesson are required to provide discounts for the prescriptions. WalMart pharmacies have difficulty processing these. Other discounts available from oracea.com online are impossible to access and frustrating to try to use. The drug itself works well for me, but my doctor told me to double up on the pills during a bad outbreak, which means the scrip doesn't last as long, requiring more refills, confounding WalMart employees.