Orap User Reviews

Orap - User Reviews

Orap User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Orap sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

my 17 year old son was diagnosed w/Tourette's at 3 years old and this medication has been a life saver for him!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

I HAVE TOURETTE SYNDROME AND MY DOCTOR WANTED ME TO TAKE ORAB. AFTER TAKING IT FOR 2 WEEKS I STARTED GETTING DEPRESSED AND HAVING MUCH ANXIETY. I COULD NOT CONTROL MY IMPULSES. WELL I HAD TO CALL 911 DUE TO A MENTAL IMPAIRMENT AND JUDGEMENT IN MY BEHAVIOR FROM THIS MEDICIDE. IT DOES CAUSE SUICIDIAL TENDENCIES. THIS IS OUT OF MY CHARACTER. I HAD NO CONTROL OVER MY OWN THOUGHTS. I INTEND TO TAKE THIS TO A CIVIL CASE IN COURT. NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THIS MEDICINE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT

Related Reading: TOURETTE SYNDROME | ANXIETY

Comment from: tikker, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

I have had Tourettes since I was 10; I'm now 71. I have been on Klonopin for 25 years and thought I needed to try something new. Orap was a huge mistake. After two weeks I felt like crawling out of my skin. I stopped and it took 2 weeks for the side affects to discontinue because of it's long half life. Orap was a huge mistake!

Related Reading: Klonopin | Orap

Comment from: jc3chandler, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 31

I was diagnosed with Tourettes late in age of 23 but suffered since I was in 2nd grade. I have now been on orap(2mg) for 26 years and it has been a life savor. Since going on the medication I have raised a family, gotten a BS and Masters degree in Education and am able to live a normal life. I am very thankful for this drug and do not intend on trying anything else.

Comment from: ChrisN, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had Tourette my entire life. Orap worked for me however the side effects were too much for me to handle. I was scared all the time, had severe panic attacks, would hear and see things that no one else heard. Thought about suicide on a regular basis. I finally decided to get off of Orap and it took well over a year for the anxiety and depression (even with depression RX) to get back to normal except now my Tourrettes is worse than it was ever before. I have an appointment to go back to the doctor to once again try Orap. After stopping Orap my Tourrettes has gotten so much worse that I'm willing to be scared, see & hear things that others don't just to stop the tics. In my opinion Orap is a give and take relationship. Take Orap and have back part of your life but give up feeling safe, tight spaces, airplane rides, just about anything that might have a little excitement that cause the panic attack. Oh, and the facial movements that could become permanent that I got the first time around I'm willing to take back. Just because movement is much quieter in a quiet place than a tic. My tics were foul words and weird noises.

Related Reading: panic attacks | suicide | depression

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 09

My daughter is 11 years old and was diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome 8 months ago. After watching her tic for hours at a time, I have been very please to see what Orap has done for her. She still has tics, but only when she is stressed, excited or in extreme heat. I have been very pleased with Orap. I feel parents should always be knowledgeable of what their children are taking and take the time to research it yourself because our children are our responsibility.

Comment from: helpless, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 23

My daughter who is 7 years old and weighs 48 pounds was put on ORAP because we were told that she had Tic Syndrome. She did fine the first 3 days with 1mlgm. The doctor told us that she need 1 pill in the morning and 1 in the evening. We started the second pill on a Sat. Monday evening we had to call an ambulance because she was not responsive. To make a long story short, we were told by several doctors that she was way over medicated. We were also told that kids under the age of 12 shouldn't be on this medicine, because it is to powerful!!!! To all you parents please research other drugs for children under 12. This almost killed my only daughter. I did all kinds of research and explained to the doctor what I found, and he still told me that she would be fine. Not True!

Comment from: Joan, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 23

Have been on Orap for 15 years and it has been a life saver. I would not function in my daily life without it. I only take enough to suppress tics during the day so I don't overmedicate.