Orapred ODT User Reviews

Orapred ODT - User Reviews

Orapred ODT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Orapred ODT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: krailey, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 19

My son was put on this medicine he is 9 he has asthma and he had a bad cough and the tablet dissolves on his tongue he took it for 2 days and i see a big improvement on his coughing so far no side effects.

Related Reading: asthma | cough

Comment from: mfranke1, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 27

This is the 3rd time in a year that my 4 1/2 year old son has been on this. Although I am happy with the job it does, I DO NOT LIKE the really negative side effects it gives him: excessive sweating (his head is soaked within 1 hour of him taking a very low dose (15 mg), very rapid heart rate, and this is the 2nd time he has had cramping and tingling in his fingers (both hands, all different fingers). I'm thinking of reportint the finger thing to the FDA. Has anyone else had this side effect?

Related Reading: excessive sweating

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 07

My 2 1/2 yr old had symptoms of croup and our 1st time using this (last night) we were supposed to give him 2 doses..He turned into the tazmanian devil...very destructive (even more than normal). But aside from that, the "barkiness" is gone and so far, it's just regular coughing

Related Reading: croup

Comment from: allendory, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 02

My 9 yr old daughter has been taking this for 4 days now. The cough has somewhat decreased but the side effects were not worth the medication. She's had upset stomach, restlessness, stabbing feelings in her chest, legs and arms, & dizziness. Would not use again.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Jlee52003@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

My son is 3.5 and has increasing trouble with asthma. His doctors don't like to give him this medication because of potential side effects although I haven't experienced any as of yet except for a little hyperactivity the first and second day. This is the fifth time in a year he has been on it at a dose of 1 tsp. twice daily for 4/5 days. It always seems to help along with his nebulizer. I am researching Orapred to find out exactly what all the bad side effects are. His doctors also put him on Singulair as a preventative medicine and the side effects from that have been far worse. I just found a website (Askapatient.com) that listed several pages of complaints about that particular medication but so far I haven't found as many complaints in regards to Orapred. If anyone has any further info - I'd love to hear about it....

Related Reading: Singulair

Comment from: Jackie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 21

My son is 8,Albuterol does not work for him. We usually have to do breathing treatments along with the Orapred. After 3 days ,his personality changes (more aggressive). But on the whole I like that it works rather quickly.

Comment from: sulli, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 27

My son (7years old) was given this med for his asthma -15mg tables. His side effect was tingling in his fingers and hyperactivity. It worked but I'm not sure how I feel about giving him a steroid.

Comment from: sleep deprived , 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 28

15 mg tablet given to 4 yr old once a day for 2 days. 30 minutes after taking the first dose of medicine major hyperactivity and restlessness. 10 hours after first dose complained that ants were crawling all over body and cannot sleep. Medicine took care of the croupy cough though. Not sure we will give 2nd dose or use again!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 04

My son, 6, was put on this for his wheezing and bad cough, along with breathing treatments and an inhaled steroid. After two days, his coughing and wheezing is gone. So far, I'm happy with the results. It also helps clear up his eczema. Only side effects are increased appetite and a little upset stomach.

Related Reading: eczema