Oravig User Reviews

Oravig - User Reviews

Oravig User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oravig sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

I am in recovery phase, post-radiation / chemotherapy treatment for throat cancer. Developed "thrush" as result of dry-mouth and compromised immune system. My oncologist gave me a trial quantity and prescription for this new drug. To begin with placement at upper gum over incisor tooth was difficult to maintain. This "pill" kept slipping onto teeth the first day. Then with a condition of dry-mouth along with the fungal infection the pill simply didn't dissolve. It is supposed to dissolve over an 8-hour period. Mine was still a gummy, sticky, goo on my gum and teeth after 24-hours. This medication may work fine if you have normal chemistry in your mouth. But if you have normal chemistry in your mouth you wouldn't have the fungal infection. My doctor finally gave me fluconazole tablets and nystatin suspension to treat the condition. These products are available at genetic drug costs while the Oravig was roughly $20 per pill and not part of my drug plan's formulary. To add insult to injury the instructions for Oravig tell you if the pill becomes dislodged before remaining in place for 6-hours you are supposed to discard it and place another pill at the gum line. To me this seems like the manufacturers already know that placement / retention is going to be a problem. At these prices I find that ridiculous.

Related Reading: cancer | thrush | Oravig

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 12

I DID NOT LIKE THE FEELING OF SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH. ESPECIALLY FOR 6 OR MORE HOURS. IT WAS HARD TO KEEP IN PLACE, AND SEEMED TO EXPAND OVER TIME. OVERALL I WOULD NOT USE OR RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. VERY UNHAPPY FOR THE PRICE!!!!!!

Comment from: millerkurtcindy@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

I am on my second 14 day supply of this drug it still has not cleared my thrush and is extremely expensive. I would not reccomend this to anyone it is a rip off

Comment from: ecb0331, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

I just started using this pill. I am on my third day and I had to get used to the fact of having it in my upper lip. If you dry the inside of your upper lip 1st it stays in pretty good. So far so good. Lets just see if it works. It is expensive if you don't have a coupon. My cost was $35 for a 14 day supply.

Comment from: Askahomeopath, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 15

Look out! My mouth was so dry it was horrible. Then I started seeing hair in front of my eyes, didn't matter if my eyes were closed or open, And I am so tired and exhausted I could sleep on my feet. NOT GOOD. I quit immediately and threw the bottle away. There has to be some other drug that will kill thrush. Fluconozole hasn't touched it after 6 rounds. :(

Comment from: itzykitty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

I have reoccurring fungal infections due to multiple inhalers, and I have had lots of nystatin and dyflucan. It was just not working. This pill is expensive, but it does work. It takes some time getting used to. And the price is high, but I feel if it works do it.

WebMD Oral Health

Get tips for a healthy mouth.