Orencia User Reviews

Orencia - User Reviews

Orencia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Orencia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sstewart, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

I've been on Orencia for three months now (four infusions). My doctor feels I should give it six months to see whether it is going to help, but my RA symptoms are getting increasinly worse. I'm trying to find out whether anyone else has actually experienced a worsening of symptoms due to Orencia, to help me decide whether to give this more time.

Related Reading: Orencia

Comment from: squaw on the war path., 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 17

I was 36 years old when I found out that I have RA. I'm glad I was put on this study. I was on a drug study for this drug. And it has help me very much. But now my study is done and I cant afford to do it anymore. So Im trying to find help so I can keep getting my infusions. It is a wonderful drug because I don't hurt nomore. I hope it helps others.

Comment from: Jim, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 11

I was diagnosed with RA at the age of 31. I've been on remicade,enbrel,humira,& all the pills. This Orencia so far has kept me from having those nightmare flare ups that used to make me contemplate having my extremities simply amputated. That's how bad it got when the other meds stopped working. I was at the end of my rope. No one really understands the severe pain I was having. Orencia, so far has brought me back to the living, but so did all the other meds for periods of time. I pray that this Orencia will continue to stay effective. Its great to walk among the living again!!!!

Related Reading: remicade | enbrel | humira

Comment from: Ty, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 20

I get sores in my mouth the day after treatment that last for weeks.I am unable to eat and it is painfull.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 17

I have been on the drug for 6 months now and I feel great!!! My hands hardly hurt at all anymore (I'm typing better than I ever have). No having to stick myself with a needle - I let my doctors office do that. It did take about 2 months to start feeling the improvements but it was worth it. My energy level is way up too.

Comment from: KimMcKissack, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 10

I have had RA for over 30 years. I have used just about every drug available. I have been on Orencia for about 9 months. I take it in addition to Arava and Mobic. I am very happy with the results. I have not had a flare for several months!

Related Reading: Arava | Mobic

Comment from: Rich, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 31

I've been using this medication since it was first released. I also take Mobic and methotraxate injections once a week (easier than pills/less side effects). It has helped me get back to my hobbies and a more normal life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 03

I have tried Humira and Remicade and had to stop due to bad reactions. So far Orencia has been terrific, just hope my body doesn't reject it later too. I have energy and little to no joint pain. I have been receiving the IV's for less than 1 year.

Comment from: rasurvivor, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 07

I am a RA patient and was diagnosed in 2000. My quality of life went from a very active person to one that could barely walk, dress myself, or do many of the everyday things that a normal healthy female adult takes for granted. I have been through a lot of the meds out there. Asprin, prednisone, methotrexate, embrel, and a handful of others to name a few. I was almost at the end of the line for medications when my rheumatologist suggested I try Orencia. I can vouch that it did take about 6 mos. to kick in, but the results are very positive. My side effects are a bit of high blood pressure, cold sores that come and go, and a nodule that I have just noticed. But overall, my quality of life has improved 80% compared to what RA could potentially do to me. My X-rays have shown that my joints have not been affected since taking the drug for over two years. Give this a try if you are out of options and hang in there because it does take time.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options