Ortho Evra User Reviews

Ortho Evra - User Reviews

Ortho Evra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ortho Evra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: agar1020, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 16

Easy to remember my insurance doesn't cover it but it's worth the money. I have been on the patch for about 4 years now and I love it. The only thing is that I did gain a little bit of weight, my breasts grew a whole cup size but they are always tender. I also noticed when I went off the patch for 3 months my breasts got drastically smaller.

Comment from: Lux, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 07

My breasts have gotten bigger and I no longer have acne, but my sex drive seems to have taken a hit, I get sick to the point of dry heaving at the beginning of the patch cycle, and I've realized that ever since I started using the patch, I have steadily become more and more depressed. However, I don't have an alternative as I have already tried everything else except an IUD (which my doctor refuses to give me). Looks like I'm stuck with depression and dry heaving.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: JC, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 15

I have/had never been on any types of medication before starting OE. I started it once I decided to move out with my boyfriend of 4 years. I love this man very much! I started on the patch as a contraceptive precaution; my first ever medication to be put on. The hell began after the first month. I'm a gentle/passive person, mood swings aren't me. After the first 30 days my stability was on a roller coaster. I would get furious, then break down in tears. Be bubbily and hyper, then fall into a severe depression and lock myself in our bedroom alone, all within the span of an hour. My poor boyfriend could do nothing to help me, I wouldn't let him. My sex drive was non-existant, and I felt cramps and neasuea 24/7. I stopped the patch after ~6months b/c I couldn't deal with the emotional anxiety it was giving me. It is now a little more than a year later. I never went on any other birth control or meds, and altho the cramps are gone, the no sex drive and mood swings have remained!! It's so bad I can't even stand when my boyfriend tries to wrap his arms around my waist at night. It's like I hate to be touched! Like I said, I love my boyfriend very much, and have tried to force myself to even cuddle with him at night(I love cuddling!). All that ends up happening is me getting angry and snapping. So while this patch may be easy to use, look at all the precautions and realize that some of these side effects may be long term, even if you stop the patch :( It's ruining my life even now, a year or so after stopping it.(and yes, i've gone to the docs, no help there...)

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I have been on the patch for 4 years now and I adore it! I went off for about 6 months because of the risk concerns but I could not find anything else I was happy with. I weigh a few pounds less than when I started taking it yet my breasts have grown a cup size. It is so easy to use and remember. It does get a little gunky around the edges but neither I nor my boyfriend think it is a big deal.

Published: May 10

I was on the patch for about two months. the whole time I was on it my breasts were tender and my mood swings were so bad my husband and kids hated me. So it may be easy but not worth it.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 01

Pros: easy to use and easier to remember than the pill, initially worked great with no side effects, prevented pregnancy Cons: some minor issues with occasional low mood/irritability, itching under patch, dirt etc sticking to patch, patch sticking to clothing and pulling off when removing clothing, and after two years of using it, I am having more severe problems including constant spotting and absolutely no sex drive along with some minor difficulty of maintaing my regular weight

Related Reading: pregnancy | itching

Comment from: Strwmattsgurl_01, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I went on this form of birth control because I am no longer able to take the pill due to a liver situation. After being on this patch for 4 months I am miserable. My breasts have itch'd since I started to wear it. The site where the patch goes always hurts. The lint from my clothes gets in the adhesive of the patch and it makes it look dirty. I am a very clean person so it really bothers me to see that. The edges do not stick to me well. My hair is slowly falling out. I am a total groutch now. Overall it is super easy to use but the side affects I am dealing with is NOT worth it. The breasts itching is the most annoying part, well that and the decreased sex drive. Ugh, why can't birth control be any easier?!

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

With this drug I don't have to remember to take a pill everyday I just stick a patch anywhwere on my body once a week it's very easy for me to use considereing my schedule.