Ortho Evra User Reviews

Ortho Evra - User Reviews

Ortho Evra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ortho Evra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

A lot of other websites talk about how "dangerous" this drug is, due to the possibility of blood clots. If any of them actually asked their doctors about it, they would have been told, ANY BIRTH CONTROL, has the potential of giving blood clots, not one is more dangerous than another. I absolutley loved Ortho Evra. My breast grew a cup size, i was eating less, beautiful skin, shorter period, I cant say my sex drive increased, but I was overall estatic about my first birth control being so easy and effective. I kept it on my shoulded blades, rotating it weekly. It never came off besides the edges. I wouldn't recomend anything else.

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: Chelle, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 15

I love the patch!! I've been on it for 8 years with a planned break of about 18 months to conceive and have my son. The only bad thing about the patch is insurance prices making the co-pay outragious so I have to switch to something cheaper :( The patch is great for skipping periods by appling a new patch after 3 weeks, but insurance put a monthly quanity cap on that now too. There are some side affects as with EVERY hormonal BC but they are all minimal for me. There is not an effective BC that is low mantience, weight curbing, mood stabalizing, period minimizing, and sex drive increasing. Beleive me, I've looked!

Comment from: amber8705b, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

I just spent 8 days in the hospital with a blood clot. Im 24 years old, healthy, non smoker and have been on this since april of 2011 and it's not dec of 2011. My life now has changed...forever. I have to take blood thinning meds for 6 months, I have to watch what i eat (Certain foods I can't eat on this med). No matter when...whenever i get pregnant, i have to take a shot (lovenox) during the pregnancy to avoide blood clots, and i can never take a hormone again. Be aware when taking this, you will be at risk and when you think i will never happen to you...guess what...it will. Just google "ortho evra lawsuits"

Related Reading: lovenox

Comment from: RG, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 27

This was my first birth control method. I loved the effectiveness of OE, but I hated the stickiness aroud the patch. sometimes the tip would get attached to my jeans. It detached form my skin several times during the 9 months of usage. No side effect for me! My sex drive ramained the same, no weight gain, decreased my acne, periods slightly lighter and for the same amount of days as my regular period, my cramps dissapeared, and didn't experience mood swings. I stopped using it because it burned my skin! To this day, I still have the mark it left on my skin. Now I am searching for another BC method. I would love to use it again but I am afraid it will burn my skin again.

Comment from: misstexas, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been on this for a total of 4 years and LOVE IT!!! used it for 1 year and a half then stopped to have a baby and got back on after.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 02

While it is extremely convenient, it made my sex drive so low it was ruining my relationship. I now have fibrocystic breast disease thanks to the patch, which I had to have surgery on to remove tumors, and while taking the patch I had severe migraines. The patch site would hurt constantly, sometimes so bad I wouldn't be able to sit on it. It was convenient, but not worth the severe side effects

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 21

I really loved my patch once I got used to it, however all of a sudden after being on it for almost 6 months I have started to get severe rashes. I take allergy pills nonstop and they just make me tired, without cutting down the itching. I even have tired different regions listed. Otherwise one major advantage was I used to get severe migraines and now I don't get them unless I am off of it for a week, that was a great besides having to remember to change it once a week.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: survivor, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 20

I was on the pill form of this birth control. I was an avid runner, did not smoke, and ate very healthy; 25 years old. I was hospitalized in January due to a blood clot in my left leg, starting form my hip bone and going to my ankle. I also had 4 clots in my lungs. I had been exercising up to the day I went into the hospital. I am so lucky to be alive. Now I am on coumadin (blood thinner) for the rest of my life. Be careful when deciding whether or not to go onto birth control.

Related Reading: coumadin