Ortho Micronor User Reviews

Ortho Micronor - User Reviews

Ortho Micronor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ortho Micronor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: zanne1981, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

went two months without period, had all the symptoms of being pregnant, finally started period and it was severe. Severe cramping, extremely heavy bleeding, soaking pads and tampons, together. Doctor never told me of these side effects before I started taking this pill. Had to research and find out that the symptoms of pregnancy were side effects of this pill. Would not recommend this pill to anyone.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 31

I took this birthcontrol because I was breastfeeding my son. I have never had any of the side effects that are listed. I have been breastfeeding for 13 months now and I have even forgotten to take a pill or 2 and I am not pregnant yet. Because I was breastfeeding and taking the pill I did not get my period for 12 months. I recently started it again because my son is not nursing as much. I am very happy with my experience and will use it after I have another child! By the way, a reviewer on here said she was breastfeeding and taking the pill and didnt get her period which is because of the pill. That is a normal result for breastfeeding/pill combo. Also she lost hair. Within the first 5 months postpardom you will loose hair like crazy. Look it up on the internet because this too is normal also!! Hope this helps any people thinking of taking this pill. I know many people who have successfully taken this BC.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 18

I haven't really had too many negative side effects on this drug. Haven't experienced any nausea, cramping or mood swings. However, when I first started taking it, I spotted for about a week and then started my period right after for a week and a half with very, very heavy bleeding. I just started my six month and it's doing its job by keeping me from getting pregnant, but it's really messing with my menstrual cycle. I used to take Loestrin 24, but then stopped for a while. One day, at the dr's my blood pressure reading was high and I got put on orthomicronor. Dr. told me it would keep me from getting pregnant and wouldn't mess too much with my blood pressure, but it wouldn't necessarily regulate my period. Since the second month, I've been having periods that lasts for about a week, every week and a half or so. Very annoying.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 28

My doctor put me on this pill just after having a baby.The Dr. told me that I could not get pregnant on Ortho Micronor and breastfeeding at the same time. Now my baby is six months old and now I am pregnant again. I have been taking the pill and I did not miss any pills. So no this birth control did not work for me.

Related Reading: Ortho Micronor | birth control

Comment from: FreeThinker1981, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

NO side effects at all. Understandably, the side effects of pregnancy, as stated by another post, and the side effects of this birth control are similar - because the ingredients in this pill trick your endocrine system and the rest of your body into thinking it is pregnant. Hence, no ovulation and thus, no periods. Breast feeding does the same thing. SO when a Gyn tells you to take this BC and breastfeed together, that is because they have a good reason and authority to beleive that, for a majority of women, the combination is like a double barrier of pregnancy protection. Some womens bodies may not be able to handle it, but a majority can. I, myself was a little worried for a second about not having ANY period at all. I figured there would be at least something - but I am going on 8 months post partum with not one period, and after seeing other women having the same effect and the Dr telling me it is normal, I otherwise have no complaints! No side effects, no pregnancy, no nothing! If you are a typical healthy woman with no thyroid/hormonal/reproductive issues, I would DEFINITELY recommend this pill!!!!

Related Reading: Breast

Comment from: mk, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I have been taking Ortho Micronor for about 6 months now. At first I was told that it would lessen or even stop my periods, which I wanted. However, its done the exact opposite! I've gotten it 4 times in the past 5 weeks, so I'm switching bc today.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 14

After experiencing terrible side effects from other pills, my doctor put me on ortho-micronor. I have now been taking it for 3 years. I have never experienced any negative side effects from it. I have not gotten a period in over 2 1/2 years, and I don't miss it at all! My GYN assures me everything is normal and healthy with my body. I do not use another form of birth control and have not gotten pregnant.