Ortho Micronor User Reviews

Ortho Micronor - User Reviews

Ortho Micronor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ortho Micronor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

had a few more headaches, and moody when initially started then it settled down after about 6 wks. Now feel way better; and in conjunction with breastfeeding have had no period, break through bleeding or paid or cramps.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been on this pill for a month and a half. I got my period a week early and bled longer than i ever have and i spotted for nearly a week after. I have just now, out of the blue started my period AGAIN and its only been 2 weeks!! I am infuriated. I have been moodier than ever in my life, I cry at everything and want to bite people's heads off for no reason. I started the pill to help with cramping but had to switch to this one because of possible high blood pressure. I am going to the doctor tomorrow and demanding my old pill because i cannot live like this.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: cassie411, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 19

I have only been on this birth control for one month, but since i started it i have been bleeding ever single day. At first the bleeding was light and spotty, and then i was bleeding like a regular period for 3 or 4 days. went back to spotting and now i am on my 3rd day of bleeding heavily again. I am very displeased with this BC and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Can't wait until i can start something different.

Comment from: jazzys mommy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

I am going on my third month on errin. I am unable to use regular bc pills due to the hormones rising my blood pressure. In the two full months that I have been on it, I have spotted like 4 times. Each time it is light but lasts for 7-12 days. Its no wonder you don't get pregnant on it...you cant have sex use your always bleeding!!

Comment from: Jos, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 17

I started taking this when my son was 7 weeks old. He is now two ad I have been done breastfeeding for almost 5 months. I opted to keep taking this for my BC method as it has been great for me. My only "side effect" has been fatigue, but then, I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, a husband and a full time job, so it may not be the pill's fault. I am trying to decide if I want to switch to the NuvaRing this month for a two month trial. I am scared of side effects from a combined method and also, the increase in hormones. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, you know? That's how I feel about this pill, however, not having to take a pill each day would be a noce change. In short-I have had no wieght gain, in fact, I am underweight and 10 pounds below my pre pregnancy wieght no matter what I eat, and no excercise (no time!), no acne, no bloating, no hair loss. I do have mood swings, but again, I do not get enough sleep and have the usual stresses of a working mom/wife. I also agree with the poster who mentioned that when breastfeeding, no you will not get a period most of the time, also, post partum hair loss is common, and not a pill side effect. I did spot an awful lot in the beginning of taking this pill. It evened out and I am now very regular with no spotting between cycles. Don't judge your body's reaction to this pill on the first 1-6 months of use, ESPECIALLY if you have just delivered a baby! Most changes with your body are a result of the pregnancy and birth!

Related Reading: fatigue | NuvaRing | acne

Comment from: Nikkia , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

Hi I'm a 29 year old mother of two and have been on birth control since the age of 13 to help with painful menstrual cycles. For the last 11 years I have had normal periods with out pain lasting up to 3 days but not any more. This is my second month on Ortho Micronor and I hate this pill. My new doctor gave me this pill because my blood pressure was higher than normal on d day of my the visit. Since starting this pill I have had horrible cramps and irregular bleeding. I've been taking the pill everyday like I suppose to now I've been bleeding since day 7 now I'm on day 13. Today was my last day taking this pill after reading all d bad reviews.

Comment from: joymeadows, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 15

The first two months I was on the pill I was having my period every two weeks, very painful periods. Then nothing, no period. No pregnancy, but no period either. I have my partner in charge of alerting me to take the pill, to get him involved in the process.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 20

I have been on it for about 2 weeks now and I don't like it at all. I started taking it right after my period was over and guess what, I have my period again. I am moody, cry at the drop of a hat and get mad for no reason at all. I am stopping because I can't live like this. My poor husband o and my depression is back and in full full swing where I had it under control before.

Related Reading: depression