Ortho Micronor User Reviews

Ortho Micronor - User Reviews

Ortho Micronor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ortho Micronor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 23

I am a healthy, active, college student, and I have experienced no negative side effects from this drug. I was scared to start it because so many other users gave it bad reviews, but I've been on it for 3 months and I've had no bad side effects at all, and I'm also not pregnant so the pill seems to be working correctly. Micronor hasn't changed my moods or made me gain weight. The only noticeable change has been my breast size. Within the first month of taking Micronor, my bra size increased from a C to a D. I use condoms with Micronor to be extra safe, since it is not quite as effective at preventing pregnancy as other birth control pills.

Comment from: michele, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

i have went through close to ten different brands of the pill. I started micronor about four months ago. When i first started this pill i had break through bleeding then a week later i got my normal period. All through my period life i have NEVER got cramps. But taking micronor i now get cramps that curl me up into fetal position, and i'm constipated so i have to take a fiber supplement now. Not to mention that i miscarried while taking this pill. I take it at the same time every day and i have NEVER missed a pill. It just goes to show it's not 100%. And i've always got headaches here and there, but since being on micronor i have headaches everyday and migranes 1 to 4 times a week. I had a black spot show up in my vision because of this. I wouldn't reccommend micronor!

Comment from: Hbush1987, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

Ever since I have been on this pill I have been very nauseous. I have also been very emotional and crying at almost everything. I had a period that lasted two and a half weeks. I admit it eased the pain of the cramps but in doing so, it made my period longer.

Comment from: jakesmommy, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 18

After I had my son i was initially put on loestrin 24 but i had severe bleeding and 15 day periods, i was switched to ortho micronor and i am also breast feeding since i have started this medication i have had no bleeding only headaches/ migraines. It's better than any other BC i've been on no nausea, vomiting, ect. but i worry all the time about getting pregnant cause i don't get my period, i did a test and it came back negative. i have to set an alarm to remind me to take it everyday that's kind of a pain. but overall i like it.

Comment from: sc2003, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I have been on the pill for two mths now. my first mth on the pill i had spotting for a week with extremely bad cramping and the next week i had a full cycle with horrible craping, my second mth i had a cycle with heavy discharge that lasted about two weeks. I have been taking the pill everyday at the same time. never missed a single one but i dont like the effects of blledig and abdominal pain so im swithching to something else at the end of the mth

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: 13-18 Published: January 29

I switched to this birth control because i was on the patch and had horrible side effects. I don't have any side effects. My periods aren't regular but i still have them, but i am not as moody as i was on the patch i don't get the migraines i did with the patch. The only major issue I've found is that it is very hard to take it on time everyday, but so far i am not pregnant. But not every birth control is right for everyone.

Comment from: endometriosis/perimenopausal, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 07

I am so relieved to be rid of my endometriosis symptoms. I do not have periods, heavy bleeding or debilitating cramps anymore. I feel a more even hormonal mood and seem to have less incontinence while taking this pill. It seems to be a great match for my symptoms.

Related Reading: endometriosis

Comment from: ariana, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 04

I have been taking this since I was 17. I can't take estrogen since my mom suffered from a blood clot from her birth control pill containing estrogen. At first I was bloated and got terrible acne but once I got to the second pack all side effects went away. I actually lost weight! I got off of it to have my child and am now right back on it. No side effects. Two periods a year. I love this pill! I'm 29 now so its been 12 years. Minus the year of ttc and pregnancy. I recommend everyone at least try it.

Comment from: tigger, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 17

I was on this for 45 days. Had to stop because I felt like I was having a stroke. It messed up my heart rate, waves of numbness and tingling thoughout my arms, legs, hands and feet. Random nausea which has not stopped, dizziness, severe calf pain that was hot, varicose veins appearing in less than a month, no period, severe anxiety, severe mood swings. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG!!

Related Reading: stroke | dizziness | varicose veins