Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo User Reviews

Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo - User Reviews

Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dee, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I was taking this birth control for 1.5 years. In the beginning it made me very nauseous, but after a few weeks it got better. After a while i started to have no desire for sex. I thought it was normal. I thought I could go the rest of my life without having sex, it was horrible. After I stopped taking the pill, the sex got a lot better, and more enjoyable.

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: Riansal88, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 18

I've tried all types of prescription BC... but this has to be my favorite. I've been on it for about a year now. No weight gain, No mood swings, lighter/shorter periods, and better skin. The best benefit for me..it doesn't affect my sex drive :) I have no complaints!

Comment from: mylesj24, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 07

I have been taking it for 6 months now and I was scared to death to take it because of all the horrible things i kept reading about what people were saying but i am totally satisfied with it and i think all those people that had problems with it just have other problems to begin with. I am 27 and i would tell anyone that asked me that they should try it.

Comment from: Satisfied, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

I just started using Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and I have been very pleased with my experience so far. First, a little background. I am 32, never used hormonal birth control methods before, and I have regular periods. I was nervous about using the pill due to the horror stories you read online. I am grateful that my experience has been mostly positive. The first night I took it, I had some diarrhea, but then my stomach was fine. I took it on the "day one" start, and my period was noticeably heavier. Then, it stopped completely after 4 days. Ever since, I have had one day of abdominal pain that felt like gas or extreme hunger pains. My appetite has been actually lower, and I crave fruits and veggies! Wasn't expecting that! I have actually lost weight, and my face seems to be a little duller, but clearer. Reviews are a great way to become informed about a product, but don't get too freaked out by negative reviews. Everyone's body is different and you have to try the medication for yourself. It's easy to get caught up with the weight-gain myths with birth control pills, as well. A nurse friend of mine who has worked in the OB/GYN business for a long time said that BC pills do not necessarily make you gain weight automatically. Instead, they sometimes increase your appetite and subsequently, you choose to eat more. If you choose to eat junk, you will gain weight. It's not necessarily the pill's fault. We have to take responsibility for our food choices.

Related Reading: diarrhea | abdominal pain

Published: December 19

The pills are so tiny that sometimes I wonder if I actually swallowed it or if it got back washed but when I look in my glass nothing is there, so it's really easy to take. I can't even tell that I'm taking it because I have had no side effects

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I was originally switched to this pill because my OB/GYN was concerned about the side effects of the standard OTC. Well, sure enough, after taking it religiously for several months, we are pregnant with our second child. I never missed a pill, took antibiotics, anything. And while we are very excited to be expecting again, we weren't really planning on it to be so soon. Our children will be 20 1/2 months apart. I do not recommend this pill. I hope it works better for others than it did for me. We will be trying Yaz next!!

Related Reading: Yaz

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 06

I've taken Ortho tri cyclen-Lo for 7 years now. I never had any acne or weight gain issues. It has been very good for me other than the nausea in the first couple doses, however, I think this is my own fault for taking them in the morning on an empty stomach. I have been very pleased with this medication other than the cost.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: dw, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been taking this pill for about 7 years. I think it is a effective BC. I have light periods,hardly any acne,slight bloating. But overall it's good. I thought about switching at one point, but why switch something that works well for you right?.. everyone is different. Just remember that.hope this helps (: