OsmoPrep User Reviews

OsmoPrep - User Reviews

OsmoPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication OsmoPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jdmarco, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

Unfortunately, I experienced almost all of the side effects associated with the use of the osmoprep pills. My concern is that,at 130 pounds, I had to take 32 pills.

Related Reading: osmoprep

Comment from: Marto, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

I am sorry some others have had difficulty with this product, however, I could not be more pleased. This made what used to be an unpleasant experience into a minor inconvenience. I will demand these pills again, and I won't delay or dread it again.

Comment from: Ellen, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 16

I have Crohn's desease and so must have a colonoscopy fairly often. I have experience with the all the other vile tasting prescription cleansing products and By far, Osmoprep Oral is the easiest, most effective, and least unpleasant of them all. It is a tablet so there is no taste at all. I had no side effects with it. It makes the prep process a nonevent. It's wonderful.

Comment from: tommi, 45-54 (Patient) Published: November 07

I have had several colonoscopies over the course of 16 years. I have tried most of the preps offered. My most recent procedure I used OsmoPrep, only because I read about it online. I had to ask my doctor for it and he didn't want to give it to me. I insisted and he finally agreed. Compared to drinking all the really gross stuff, this was a breeze. I will be using it again for my next colonoscopy. Make sure to drink alot more than the directions tell you.

Comment from: drug rep, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 27

This was my 4th colonoscopy. Swallowing 32 large OsmoPrep pills is far better than drinking the seemingly never ending amount of nauseating, enormously offensive tasting liquid. 5 Stars for Ease of Use. It was a more gentle emptying of the bowel than the liquid. Although it took 3 1/2 hours to begin when it was supposed to begin in 1 hour. The colonoscopy successfully took place but I think the liquid did a more through job. Effectiveness 4 Stars. While I am overwhemingly satisified not to have to drink the liquid, it has been 2 days since the procedure and I am still experiencing cramping after eating. That has not ever happened with the liquid. If this side effect had not happened (I am not sure when it will end) I would be vastly satisfied with this drug. Satistaction 3 stars.

Comment from: Alice, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

After hearing horror stories about drinking a nasty tasting liquid, I was glad to have an alternative. I had no side affects and it worked very well without causing cramps.

Comment from: Vicki L, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

The drug definitely did its job and was far better than drinking excessive amounts of disgusting liquid. However, it is now 5 days since my colonoscopy and my mouth still tastes like I am sucking on salt. I did not read this in any of the listed side effects and may call the Dr to see if there is something to be done.

Comment from: waabb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

I decided to take the pills as an alternative to drinking the large,horrible drink preceding a colonoscopy. Although I would agree that the pills were highly effective and easy to use, I found the side effects not worth using it. I have been nauseous, have very little appetite and severe stomach pains after several days of taking the pills. I would NEVER take them again. I would opt for a combination of pills & liquid in the future, if I ever decide to have the test done again. It's unfortunate that the test isn't the problem-it's the prep that makes it so unpleasant. It's no wonder people dread having colonoscopies done!

Comment from: kiwi1982, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

taking the pills was easier ,only negative report pills are very large and salty.it cleanse you very well.would take this medication again.

Comment from: MaryJane, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

The Osmoprep medication is expensive. The actual price was $75 dollars. And because of my insurance I paid 25 dollars. The price is outrageous! The recommended dossage: 20 Osmoprep tablets(4 tablets every 15 minutes for an hour) and then 6 hours later taking another 12 tablets in 15-minute increments for 45 minutes. This whole process seemed excessive. Started the process on the day before the procedure at 3 pm and ended around 12 midnight.. halfway through the process, I experienced an extremely painful burning sensation every time I went to the bathroom, which I attribute to the osmoprep medication. In contrast, the last time I used a Fleet product at a cost of about 5 dollars. All I had to do was mix the appropropriate amount of Fleet with a glass of water.. and then repeat about 5 hours later... done. In both cases, I did drink about 1.5 gallons of ice tea to stay hydrated, starting in the morning of the day before the procedure. This is very important .. and ice tea tastes better than water or any other prep concoction. I did speak with my physician about the Osmopre experience and I will not use this product again for the above mentioned reasons.

GI Disorders