OsmoPrep User Reviews

OsmoPrep - User Reviews

OsmoPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication OsmoPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MaggieP, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 02

Even though I had a hard time taking all the pills, I would still choose this method over the liquid drink. The pills are large and I had to throw up after taking 20 of them; my body just rejected them. I read that vomitting was one of the side effects, so I decided to continue and take the remaining 12 pills. Bottom line: they worked with very little discomfort and I was happy with the process. I was able to get a good night's sleep.

Comment from: eal, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 21

For those of you who have had to force down 4 liters of Golyghtly-like preps, BELIEVE ME, these pills are a dream...

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

I was paranoid about taking the usual liquid solutions because they taste so bad and make me almost vomit. I was not happy either with some of the reviews on this product either. So this is my experience with OSMOPREP: Procedure was at 4pm thursday so the directions state to stop eating 12 hours before starting treatment 1. ate diner at 5:30 wednesday and nothing after that. started taking only 3 pills with 8 oz of water thursday 5:45 am . after each pill taking I took a walk to prevent bloating and nausea. it work very good plus the walking seem to make room for more water. so after 5 glasses of water and 15 pills things were good. The treatment started working about 1 hour after the first pills and 15 minutes between.the directions state to start the 2nd procedure 3 to 5 hours before the treatment, this is soo soo wrong. you cannot be put to sleep after drinking fluids or eating unless you wait 6 hours before the procedure. so i started the 2nd part at 9:15 and ended the 3 glasses and 9 pills at 10:00am. The process was non eventful. I believe some may have problems because they may have started the treatment with food in their system, no food 12 hours before starting and i think walking also helped. I asked my Dr. if the OSMOPREP cleaned me throughly and he said it work very well. since they found 6 polyps i guess i will be doing this again in 5 or so years. i hope this has been of some help.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 30

Pills were easy to swallow and I had no side effects. I drank Gatorade before during and after the total prep. The pills started to take effect one hour after the first round of 20 pills. I would highly recommend this prep, but be sure to drink Gatorade and have salty soup.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

Although the use of the osmoprep was simple, the side effects quickly took away any of the positive points. I immediately started vomiting after the first course of pills and developed a rash on both sides of my face as well as inflammation of the facial area. The worse part was that even five days later I was still experiencing very painful stomach cramps and still having very fluid diarrhea. I haven't been able to fully rest after my procedure due to constantly having to go to the bathroom after I've eaten or because of the pain. As much as I hate the liquid alternative, I refuse to use osmoprep again.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Janet, Rossville, GA, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION IF YOU HAVE LIVER DISEASE. This drug came with NO Warnings to indicate that I should not take it. I read all information supplied to me prior to taking it. After I was admitted to the hospital (for a 2 week stay), it only took 5 minutes of research to find a report from the Mayo Clinic that urges doctors NOT TO ADMINISTER TO LIVER PATIENTS. The result?????? ACUTE KIDNEY FAILURE. That was May 24, 2007. As of today, Feb. 22, 2008, I have tremors, volitale blood pressure, suicidal itch, weight loss, Numerous diet restrictions. My MELD score was a 6 before OSMOPREP. Today, 9 months later it is 19. I had used Go-Lytely previously with no adverse effects. This drug has changed my life forever.

Related Reading: LIVER DISEASE | LIVER | KIDNEY FAILURE

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

Tomorrow will be my 3rd colonoscopy and I was very happy not to have to drink that foul tasting liquid. After taking 20 of the pills tonight, I felt very nausous and started vomitting and my face looks to be swollen. The directions for use from the doctor's office were 20 pills starting @ 5p.m. and the other 12 starting @ 9 p.m. tonight. Took the next 4 tablets and started vomitting within 10 minutes and am now feeling somewhat lightheaded. I'm going to call the gastroenterologist's office in the morning to see if we should go ahead with the test. I am not planning on taking the remaining 8 tablets. Although I did not receive any information as to possible side effects from the doctor, I also did not read the pamphlet given with the prescription. I STRONGLY SUGGEST DISCUSSING THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION!!

GI Disorders