OsmoPrep User Reviews

OsmoPrep - User Reviews

OsmoPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication OsmoPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: September 09

I am 38 and 135 pounds. I found this site looking to see if anybody else had the same side effects as I did. My side effects were a runny nose, itching fingers, hands and feet, that did not seem to last that long. This is my 4th colonoscopy, and my first time trying the osmoprep. I was a little concerned because I was not going to the bathroom clear when I went to bed last night like my previous preps. I slept all night and finished the pills at 6:45AM, this time just my fingers itched and my nose ran a little, and by 7:30 I am going clear and my symptoms are gone. My procedure is at 11:00 today. The only discomfort I am feeling right now is from wiping so much and the inconvenient trips to the bathroom. Also the more pills I took the harder they seemed to go down. I think that was due to my feeling of fullness from drinking so much water with them. Any type of colonoscopy prep is unpleasant but osmoprep in my opinion is by far the easiest to manage. I will definitely use osmo for my 5th colonoscopy. Be sure to talk to your physician and do your research before deciding to use it because for some there are health risks involved. Good Luck!

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: honeybee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

I was very nervous about using this prep after reading the warnings and these reviews. But my experience was good overall. The pills worked just like they were supposed to with minimal side effects. They are large and hard to swallow, but this may help force you to drink plenty of fluids, as I had to try 3 or 4 times to get each one down. Started the first round of pills at 2 PM, with the second round at 6 PM. Had about 10 bowel movements total with the last one about 10 PM so that I could have gotten a good night's sleep. However, I couldn't sleep hardly at all - felt very light-headed, queasy, disoriented, and alternated between too hot and too cold. I think these effects could have been from not eating and my menopause as much as from the pills. Had a couple more bowel movements the next morning and the colonoscopy went fine. No after-effects. I think the keys to making this successful are: follow directions, drink more than they recommend, and read the contraindications and don't take it if you have any underlying health problems with kidneys, liver, or heart. It also helps to do activities during the prep to take your mind off what is happening, as anxiety can make it worse. I played the piano and watched funny movies to relax.

Related Reading: menopause | anxiety