Ovide User Reviews

Ovide - User Reviews

Ovide User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ovide sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lesli, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

My 7 year old got lice for the first time in Feb. 2012. We used an OTC kit and it worked no follow up was needed, but being hyper vigilant 7 days later I reapplied. However it irritated her scalp and gave her dandruff. Then at the end of March 2012 she was sent home with it again. I bought Lice Ice and it seemed to do a good job of killing and keeping it in control as well as using a shampoo. However this week she came home from school with a couple of large bugs in her head, and so I started treating her again. Mind you I have been combing her hair almost everyday with a nit comb to remove all the eggs from the second time so I am positive she did not have any live bugs the night before. Today April 7th I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ovide. The smell is strong, but I applied it and combed through her hair with a regular fine tooth comb and a lot of eggs just fell out of her hair no pulling at strands. This is amazing. My daughter has really thick hair and before March she had long hair which I cut due to the lice and the cost of the treatments, it took two boxes of the kits to treat just her once, not to mention the third box to treat the other three of us.The second time she got it I used the other stuff to avoid irratating her scalp. The bottle of Ovide is half empty and she smells like turpintine, but the combing was easy and the fact that the nits just kind of fell out is wonderful. The stuff that came in the kit did not do that. I have sprayed, washed, dried, and hoovered the house almost everyday for the last two and a half months, not to mention all the boiling of brushes all of which are warped now. I have spent well over two hundred dollars in trying to kill the lice. Ovide is so far the best thing I have spent money on. While the other stuff has worked for me my husband and son, Ovide is the best for my daughter, tomorrow morning I will wash her hair,comb with a nit comb, wash the bedding and stuffed toys, hoover,and be happy I used Ovide.

Related Reading: dandruff

Comment from: jazz1, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 14

We have had head lice for over six months. OTC items didn't work. A dermatologist prescribe Ovide. The first time we used the medication it did kill some but not all of the lice. The second time it killed none. Since then we have tried Ovide twice, and our results have been futile. Is there any prescription medicine that is effective in killing these annoyning bugs?

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

From WebMD