Oxycontin User Reviews

Oxycontin - User Reviews

Oxycontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oxycontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dottie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

FINALLY found a REAL Pain Mngmnt. Dr that's willing to treat my chronic pain w/this med. The only prblm.I have NOW-there's a 'generic version' of this & it's giving me terrible headaches, which I never had when I was getting the 'real' oxy's. I know that there's 'not' supposed to be a diff. between Brand & Generic but w/this 'new generic form'-I'm getting those awfull headaches. Just wanted to share that w/any 1 reading this.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: THE TRUTH, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 23

Hello to all. I would just like to add after reading everyones reviews,as far as cost is concerned...there are free programs to obtain this medication[any milligram of oxy]from Prudue whom makes the brand name.If you would like that info -please post and I will post it for you or email it. I have taken it for roughly 10 years. I do not doubt for one moment that it IS very addictive drug [ie: same as percocet/Loratab/Vics....] for people with long term chronic pain it is a wonderful drug.For starters, you must take a stool softner in conjunction with it[OTC]They are all the same so get the cheap store brand.Constapation and slow urination is a problem for long term users.Also you might need a break through medication such as roxicontin..percocet. They last 10-12 hours.[80's/40's/20's]...30 mill and 60 mill are NOT time released-they are instant release.[please note that.] Some dr.'s do write more than what should be taken but use common sense. In between the doses take the break thru meds. I've had 3 back surgeries with some other medical problems and I can only say from my experience that it has made the pain tolerable to live a productive life. Yes it can make you tired and also sometimes it does not feel as though it takes all the pain away but what can? So although they are an excellent drug do not think it will take all pain away all the time. Papers and the news only report the people whom abuse it and not the people that have had very positive experiences with it. Do not crush it[makes it an instant release]..that is why there are 30 mill. and 60 mill. I wish wellness to all who read this use caution with not only oxycontin but all medications you take!

Related Reading: percocet | oxycontin

Comment from: jahailia, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

WoW, I saw the other reviews and I was surprised, but it shows how although we are all alike our bodies handle drugs diffrently. I have been taking this drug for about seven years and it works great for me. I have tried everything and this is the only one that helps me to be almost 100% of how I used to be.I am truly grateful to have this medication. It works so well that even though I have no insurance I continue to pay for it each month and it costs over $400.00 a month.But it works for me.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

I know it is a narcotic drug, but if you are in chronic pain on a daily basis, and you find relief, as long as it isn't abused and you take it as perscribed, I can't see the harm in making life a little more tolerable. Chronic pain can wear on the soul and mind.

Comment from: dagwoodbowser, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I have been prescribed Oxycontin since 2003. Started at 40MGs twice a day and in the last few years were moved up to 80MGs 2 times a day. The old OC medicine was a real miracle. I am in my 40's and already had a knee joint replacement. My other knee is at a Stage 4 of Osteoarthritis and will also be replaced. With OC I was able to walk and do many activities. A few weeks ago my Prescription was refilled, but I got the new formulation, OP. Within a few days I began to have acute headaches, dizziness and 4th of July bowl explosions of chronic diarrhea! Worse yet, no pain relief what so ever. I went back to my doctor and he said that one of the new ingredients is actually a Laxative? After researching this further I found what's in this new formulation. (BHT) it is an additive in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, jet fuels, rubber, petroleum products, electrical transformer oil, and embalming fluid. Polyethylene Oxide. It is the basis of a number of laxatives (e.g., macrogol-containing products such as Movicol and polyethylene glycol 3350, or SoftLax, MiraLAX or GlycoLax). It is the basis of many skin creams, as cetomacrogol, and sexual lubricants, frequently combined with glycerin. Whole bowel irrigation (polyethylene glycol with added electrolytes) is used for bowel preparation before surgery or colonoscopy Titanium dioxide. Titanium dioxide has recently been classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as an IARC Group 2B carcinogen. It is widely used to provide whiteness and opacity to products such as paints, plastics, papers, inks, foods, and toothpastes. It is also used in cosmetic and skin care products, and it is present in almost every sun block, where it helps protect the skin from ultraviolet light. The reason Purdue changed the name from OC to OP is because it stands for OxyPoison! $1200 is not worth it and I will Never take it again.

Related Reading: Osteoarthritis | dizziness | diarrhea