Oxycontin User Reviews

Oxycontin - User Reviews

Oxycontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oxycontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Toam, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I have had Degenerate disc disease for 20 yrs! 7 years ago I went on oxycontin. It works very well, but makes me feel like I have had too much coffee! Does anybody else feel wide awake 24/7! Most people get groogy or buzzed. I never have felt anything but wide awake and have to go down In mgs. at night and take Anbien to fall asleep! Never had to incresae dosage- actually went down to get sleep!

Comment from: SUSIEB, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 19

I HAD PANCREATITIS TWICE WITH A VRE THAT TOOK OUT MY IMMUNE SYSTEM, RESULTING IN Q FEVER THAT BROUGHT ON SEVERE BEHCET'S DISEASE. THE PAIN TOTALLY RULED MY WORLD AND BROUGHT ON CONSTANT NAUSEA. NO OTHER DRUG BROUGHT ME ANY RELIEF. AFTER SEEING MORE THAN 30 DOCTORS AND SPECIALISTS, GOD BROUGHT AN INCREDIBLE FAMILY PRACTIONER TO MY SMALL TOWN WHO WAS THE VERY FIRST MEDICAL PRACTIONER WHO HAD TREATED MY DISEASE. HE HAD 3 PATIENTS WITH BEHCETS DISEASE AND UNDERSTOOD MY AWFUL PAIN. BECAUSE SEVERE PAIN MAKES ME SO SICK TO MY STOMACH AND I HAD MANY EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL LESIONS, I WAS SO ANEMIC THAT MY HEMOGLOBIN WAS IN THE 5'S. I TRULY PRAYED DAY AND NIGHT FOR GOD TO TAKE ME, AS I WAS UNABLE TO KEEP FOOD AND ALL MEDS DOWN. THANK GOD, AND I MEAN THAT LITERALLY, MY DOCTOR STARTED ME ON OXYCONTIN. I WORKED MY WAY UP TO 60MG BOTH AM AND PM, AND EVEN THOUGH I STILL HURT, I HAVE LARGE TOLERANCE FOR PAIN AND CAN MOVE AROUND WITH A CANE AND THE LOVING HELP OF MY INCREDIBLE HUSBAND. THE DAY I STARTED THIS DRUG IT WAS LIKE MY MIND CLEARED AND I COULD READ THE PAPER AND COMPREHEND SO MUCH MORE BECAUSE I FINALLY WASN'T TOTALLY CONSUMED BY PAIN AND NAUSEA. I AM SO ANGRY THAT THIS DRUG HAS BEEN SO ABUSED BY CELEBS AND OTHERS, AS THIS MEDICINE IS EVERY BIT AS IMPORTANT TO ME AS INSULIN IS TO A SEVERE DIABETIC. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE A COMPUTER, CONCENTRATE ON CONVERATIONS, SLEEP, EAT, OR DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN EXIST, UNTIL I WAS TREATED WITH THIS MIRACLE MEDICATION, OXYCONTIN. I KNOW THAT IT SAVED MY LIFE BY GIVING ME MY WILL BACK TO LIVE.

Related Reading: PANCREATITIS | FEVER

Comment from: charliehustle1463, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I had a Roofing accident in 1993 and have had three Lower Back Surgeries to date (2007) and have been on Oxycontin since 1998 and started on 40mg. two times daily. I am now up to 80 mg. three times daily and cannot functio w/out it! It gives Me great pain relief and I am able to get out and do daily chores and have a normal life! I now have three Ruptured Discs and a broken Fusion w/Cages and need another Surgery but, too risky due to high risk of paralysis. Dr.'s think it is ONLY used by Addicts and I have been called one by a S.S. Dr.!! They think they are GOD and try to get legitimate Chronic Pain users off of it due to abuse by "Addicts" but, they need to realize that SOME People NEED it to live a normal life! I think S.S. Dr's get paid by the number of Patients they can get kicked off of S.S. and Oxycontin!! I have been treated like a street addict just trying to find a Dr. closer to My home as I have to drive 110 mi. round trip to Cleveland Clinic Dr's who DO know who need's it!! One S.S. Dr. last week said I need to be "Detoxed" and put one SEVERAL other drug's that are still Narcotics but, NOT Oxycontin!! She is in Medina, Oh and Her name is Dr. Arceneaux so, stay away from Her as She think's She is the Queen of Dr's!!

Comment from: Irish4TheTruth, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 08

I shattered my foot about 9 months ago and here's the deal... When i was in the hospital my pain was under control then when i left the hospital and got my meds through out patient pharm. it totally changed. Come to find out the formulations for the oxycontin was different than those from the in patient pharm. So I've done my research and I find it absolutly ridiculous that this drug was taken off the market to be replaced with a possible cancer causing formula that in all honesty doesnt work even half as good... And why was this done? So people wouldnt abuse it anymore? I mean come on people there are so many differnet types of medications that have the same exact affect on these abusers. So the only people who are suffering in my opinion are us who need this drug and not the abusers. Lets be real everyone knows that an addict is going to find a way to get their fix through hell or high water. What i would love to see is for whoever the hell it is who got this banned to wake up and realize that by taking the better and more affective drug off the market is doing nothing to the abusers. NOTHING!! Inconsiderate if you ask me. To put a drug on the market that can cause cancer, but it's okay because they can sleep better at night knowing people aren't getting high on the old formula. Instead years down the road us who need this drug and need to continue to take it will develope cancer while these abusers are still getting high on heroin or some other med. SOOO what do we do? aaahhh! haha I guess nothing but roll over and get cancer shoved straight up our ... IDK just idiotic and stupid. It makes me think that there is some kind of hidden agenda here. I mean really it makes no sense to take it off the market and start dispensing cancer instead. Its obvious that by taking it off the market it will increase heroin sales. So maybe these corps or "someone who matters" has their fingeres in the dope game?? IDK.. It's something to think about.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: dee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 13

i have taken this med for over two years. It worked really welly for almost two years and then the company who makes it changed the formula. mainly the binder package i believe. The new version does not absorb well enough rto be considered affective. I understand they did this to curtail abuse by non legitimate users. What about those of us that need the medicine for real reasons? did anyone consider us? I was so exited to find something that worked well and with low side affects and the manufacturer changed it to save JUNKIES! To hell with them they are gonna find a way to kill themselves one way or another. why should patients suffer to stop dope heads from hurting themselves? Does anyone care about us?

Chronic Pain/Back Pain