Oxycontin User Reviews

Oxycontin - User Reviews

Oxycontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oxycontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Greg E., 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 27

Oxycontin is a great medication for those of us that really need it. I had a double lumbar fusion (L4-S1) and then developed a dysfunctional left SI joint with increased radiculopathy and Sciatica. In other words, I NEED IT! The only thing I can say is to be careful and follow your doctor's prescription orders to the letter! THIS MEDICATION CAN AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU ABUSE IT BECAUSE YOU THINK THAT IT'S GOING TO MAKE YOU HIGH! I don't know if you have noticed, but there is a growing list of famous people with everything to live for, dropping dead over what they think will be a cheap thrill. For some of us, these drugs are the only choice to make it through life sometimes hour by hour because of the pain we deal with constantly. If you have a valid need for this medication, then hang in there and keep your medication secure. If you are just looking for a thrill, then go someplace else before you end up dead. All you will do is make it more difficult for those of us that genuinely need this medication harder and harder to get. No doctor wants to get blamed for writing a script that might kill a child or even adult. So all I am asking is to look somewhere else for your thrills. I started out this review by stating that Oxycontin is a great medication and I hope that everyone will act responsible so that it will still be there for us as long as we need it…

Related Reading: radiculopathy | Sciatica

Comment from: Helpless, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 16

I like many others have been treated with Oxyconin ER for over 5 years for scar tissue, firomiagia and most recently a sever back injury. I have been taking 40mg twice a day with 30mg oxycodone for break thru pain, last month I noticed my pain was not at all at a tolerable level some days. I looked closly at the pills and half were imprinted OC the other half OP. I contacted pharmacy and was told there is a change to prevent people from INJECTING the pills. Well I DO NOT belong to that group, so I took the remaining OC pills. The real trouble was when I was left wth only the OP version. withen 2 days I was experianceing all the signs of withdraw and sever pain with diarea, head aches, nausia .I noticed the pills were in the toilet after a movement.Called phamacy and was assured that "those are empty plasic shells and the med was absorbed, after a few more days of unbearable pain, I picked out 2 tabs out of the toilet (with chopsticks)washed them with antibacterial soap and took a good look at them, I could still clearly read op and 40. So, gross as it may seem I used a butcher knife and cut it in half, no easy task, and found it was ful of powder in the center.No medication was absorbed thru a plastic shell, it is impossible. I am in such pain, i can no longer leave the house. My quaility of life is zero. I cant even take a shower the pain is so bad. What are we supposed to do? It took my doctor and I 6 months and every pill known to man before trying OC, it was like a miracal, I could live my life like a normal person, that has been taken away from me by Purdue and drug addicts!Please bring back the original version, I want my life back!

Comment from: hurting unit pissed @ perdue, (Patient) Published: October 20

hi everyone i was the first person to start posting about the new op version i have went on to post lots more i have filed a complaint with perdue and the fda i also have recently found out that the op version has a opiate blocker in it to stop people who shoot up not to mention polymer and two other types of a bonding agents. all of us need to be careful this drug is extremely dangerous i was given all my information by a pharmacist he also said perdue did this because they are about to go broke and to everyone there is a new generic that comes out in 3 months that is like the oc version so hang in there

Comment from: firstchoice56, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 02

Wow! I have been prescribed OxyContin for about 8 years now. I went through so much constant, uncontrolled pain before the doctor prescribed the OxyContin. I was so grateful and I felt I was finally in contol of my pain, instead of the other way around. When I filled my prescription about two weeks ago, I noticed the physical difference in the meds. But I immediately saw that it was not a generic brand and that Purdue was still making them, and I went on home. (pharmacist confirmed that as well) I didn't notice a major difference until about 18-24 hours after I started taking these "OP"-types. I started getting muscle cramps, charlie-horses, muscle spasms, whatever you want to call them, all over. My hands, feet, legs and inner thighs, (VERY painful), started spasming. And the sweating started. Hot, cold, hot. I'm not in contol of my pain now. After 3 days I was miserable and called my doctor. They said they hadn't gotten any negative feedback and didn't know why I was having these problems. I called Purdue and filed a report and also talked to their "Medical Inquiries" Dept. They, (3 different people) at Purdue said they hadn't received any other negative feedback and said they din't know why I was having these issues, but that they would "file the report". These calls to Purdue were on the 24th and 28th of Sept, 2010. I have since insisted on making an appt. with my doctor to figure this out. But now, I get on WebMD and see all these reports and comments about similar problems and it's "news" to the doctors' and Purdue? Folks, I take mine as prescribed. I don't smoke, at all. I don't drink, at all. And I sure don't do any of those street drugs. All I asked for was pain control. I didn't think I had to ask for honesty with that order of pain control. I know this sounds like a whiner, but after 18 years of chronic, unrelenting pain, I feel betrayed by Purdue and my doctor. I thought I had this taken care of and now I feel like I'm having to start all over again.

Related Reading: muscle cramps | muscle spasms