Oxycontin User Reviews

Oxycontin - User Reviews

Oxycontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oxycontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bochaw, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 03

I am a 40 year old man who has been a chronic pain patient for over 15 years,and have been on every opiod med that has been created. I have had( 2 )lumbar spine surgeries,(1)abdominal surgery,and a kidney transplant,I was first prescribed Oxycontin in 2001 with the dosage at 20mg twice a day-when I first started taking it I found my mircle pill-I was able to do things that I hadn't done in years!!!! As time went on and anyone who has chronic pain knows that you build up a tolerance,and I am now on 80mg twice a day with 30mg Roxicodone for breakthrough pain-am I an addict? the answer is yes,and anyone who is on a daily regimine of narcotics is too-and if they say they are not they are lying!! This is all a part of being on addictive medicine,but my point is that this little pill gave me back my life-I was so used to taking a half hour to get out of bed-10min to get down the stairs-etc,etc...I can move freely and pretty much do anything antone else can except lift and move heavy things-but I thank Purdue Pharma for coming up with a drug that works,and helps people like myself to get back their lives!!!

Related Reading: Roxicodone

Comment from: sabinagal58@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 27

i have chronic lumbar disk problems . degenerative disc and bone ... i have suffred for years .. began taking vicoden and took it for 5 years .. it quit working for me and i was put on percocet .. that quit working also . i had abdominal surgery two and a half years ago , and my bowel got cut , accidentally ... i then got parotinitis .. had to have another surgery for that .. i was on a ventilator after that surgery and was in the hospital for over 4 months , being given morphine most of that time . So i became in pain all the time . They took the mesh out of my stomach on the last surgery , as i contacted MRSA .. so i now have no mesh and nothing to hold my organs together , so i have now got chronic hernias !! This has caused me terrible pain , as your abdominal muscles hold your organs in and the pain is straight through my belly to my back . Some days it's impossible to stand , due to pain . I am now on oxycontin , and started at 10 mg... went to 20 ... then 40 ... now 60mg, twice a day . I am finally able to at least cope with my constant pain , but do worry what will happen if I live long enough to see this not work .... There are 2 higher doses of oxycontin , but then what ?? I do not feel high , or any different on oxycontin . I was hesitant to take it , as you hear so much bad about it , but taken , as directed , it is a good drug . That's my story and i wanted to share it .

Related Reading: MRSA

Comment from: misspriss2u2, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 28

I love OxyContin. I had 2 back surgies a couple yrs ago. I had already been diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. So when I hurt my back in '03 my body and back just ached. I tried to work until finally in '05 my back just gave out. I was bedridden until my 1st surgery. I thought great, I'll get better & get back to life and my job soon. THAT didn't happen. 6 mths later I was not even able to take care of myself. My legs just cramped so bad that when I tried to walk, I would just pass out. So after having a different surgeon do the 2nd surg. I saw a better difference. But still had alot of pain. Being in the bed for a year or so does terrible things to your body!! I underwent 2 years of therapy. My pain doc tried several different drugs like methadone and muscle relaxers along with a low dose of oxy. Didn't do much & my life was just going by me. I finally found a wonderful doc.HE IS THE BOMB!!He sincerely cares for his patients.He put me on Oxys and roxycontin. I'm on a dosage that has been adjusted to help my high pain level. Without my meds the pain is about a 9.With meds my pain level is about a 6 or 7, which is very good for me. I'm on some other stuff too, but these 2 meds together r a great combo. It does make me mad when I hear about people putting labels like "druggie" on chronic pain pts. Or people selling their meds, or worse...So, I try not to dwell on those "looks" u get or people talking crap, because I know they do. My advice is NEVER tell anyone what meds your on and keep them safe especially on vacation (i.e.Um,clean towels anyone)Need I say more? Or wherever u go. I keep mine locked up. Anyway I really like this medication. I can actually do things with my family now. I hope I've given some good advice to anyone going through this type situation. It's a struggle sometimes just getting out of bed on those bad days, but I know I'm on the right track. I also have a great supportive family, & that is so very important. Good luck people!!!!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: thx2u, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: December 14

I am writing this review as a caregiver from a husband about his wife. After living with my wife in chronic pain for the past 8 years she had finally tried Oxycontin OC in Dec. 2009. It was the best medication ever given to her out of the many ones she had tried during her 6 yrs of going to pain management Dr's. It actually gave me my wife back to me. She felt normal again, and was able to go to family functions and do some miner things like housework and cook meals and visit her family all while feeling good, and free from majority of the pain. These are things that are taken for granted sometimes by people not living with chronic pain. It all went downhill in Sept.2010 when this medication was changed without warning to a new medication called Oxycontin OP. It even has a new look. It had bad side effects for her. Sometimes the medication would not even work and pass right through her. She was prescribed 3 a day and she would start falling asleep and could not move, and having severe headaches, blurred vision and all of this started with the new pill. It's a shame they could not have come up with a better way to acomplish what they were trying to do with these pills than using this glue. They are obviously not breaking down the same as before. It's also a shame that honest chronic pain people had to pay the price for those that abused medications, and those people will continue to abuse the new pills and any others they can get there hands on. So we are 1 time to the ER, and 6 visits to Pain management in the 3 months now trying to find another pain medication combination to give her the relief and life back that she deserves. We are very discouraged with the Perdue drug company, and at this point will not take any medication that they manufacture. Shame on you !!

Related Reading: pain management