Oxycontin User Reviews

Oxycontin - User Reviews

Oxycontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Oxycontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: auntniknik, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 30

I have been taking Oxycontin for almost 11 years for Fibromyalgia, degenerative bone disease, Chronic Myofacial Pain Disorder, etc. Until athree months ago I would have said Oxycontin saved my life! But today I will tell you that I am back in bed more than I'm out. I have a wonderful doctor who works closely with me and has very slowly increased my doseage over the years along with experimenting to find the right medication and dose for break-through pain. I was doing great. I am thankful for the years I had, but it really makes me angry when I read about Pharmaceutical Companies that change how a medication works because of drug addicts! They will always find a way to get high! Do you ever hear of Companies changing something because people who could be productive are in pain and can't get out of bed? There are a lot of things wrong with our country, but this one tops the list!

Comment from: debhatescancer, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 24

i was wondering why the new formula is making me sick and not helping with my pain (not like it use to)reading all these comments assure me its not just me!!! were swallowing plastic. I want my quality of life back !!!

Comment from: RonP, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

L5 & S1 disc bulged in my lower back and ost. arthitis in both knee's. Every step I make hurts. I used to take at least 12 Tylenol per day. Started taking 2 Loratab 10mg per day then went to 4 then 6 then 8 and so on. I was put on Oxycontin 3 years ago. (1) 80mg & (1) 20mg every 12 hours and I can say I'm a new person. This medicine has a bad rap because of people who are addicts but I found it easy to manage. I have far less trouble taking OC than I ever did with the Loratab. I never over take OC but with the Loratab it was easy too many. I would suggest to anyone taking Ltabs to talk to your doctor and see if you can try OC. It may help you feel like living again.

Related Reading: Tylenol

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

Back on September 4th this year i had a freak accident, its called a lumbar subarachnoid hemorrhage. I am the 13th case to ever be reported in the country. While i was in the hospital i was on 2mg diluadid through a PCA pump with a 6 minute delay button along with (1) 20mg tablet every 12 hours, after leaving Hershey Medical Center after 31 days and regained partial feeling back into my lower body but still unable to walk at all, i was sent back to the local hospital, there is where the pain adjustments were made. They had to remove the pump for me to go home. Well, i am home and have been for 3 months now, i can feel most of my body but not all, and can pick the legs up almost 3 inches now! I am currently prescribed (1) 80MG oxycontin tablet every 6hrs or i can take (2) 80MG oxycontin tablets every 12hours. Along with (1) instant release 30MG oxycodone tablet every 4 hours so that is (4)-80MG oxycontin tablets and (6)-30MG I.R.oxycodone tablets each day, and i couldn't be any more pleased with where i am at! These drugs have saved my life, and give me the strength to move forward, so that one day i will be able to take a jog around the neighborhood! Oxycontin has saved my life!

Comment from: Cateyes, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 16

Well my long review didn't go through and I'm in too much pain to re-write it. I do have a question though for others who are forced to live in agony as I'm forced to live in. Do you have family members who know nothing of your diagnosis, prognosis, nor anything that you've gone through or how difficult your life is call you a drug addict just because you have to take this medication to have any, even if it's just a tiny amount of quality of life? That is so offensive to me! Without this drug (which I take exactly as prescribed) I would not be able to go on living. I'm curious as to what others are subjected to? Spine, started at L-5/S-1, but is now the entire spine. Including my arms and neck.

Comment from: HURTING UNIT STILL PISSED @ PERDUE, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 02

HI EVERYONE ITS ME THE FIRST ONE TO POST WELL I HAVE FOUND OUT THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THE NEW GENERICS WONT HIT THE MARKET THANKS TO PERDUE AND THE FDA BEWARE THERE IS A OPIATE BLOCKER AND SO MUCH CRAP IN THIS NEW OP VERSION ALL OF YOU DO YOURSELF A FAVOR TYPE IN NEW OXYCONTIN PILL REFORMULATED BY PERDUE WHAT YOU READ ON HOW AND WHEN THEY CHANGED THIS PILL YOU WILL BE SHOCKED HOW EVER YOU WILL BE SICKENED WHEN YOU READ WHATS IN IT SERIOUSLY PEOPLE WHAT DO WE DO WE ARE ALL CRONIC PAIN PATIENTS IN A WORLD OF HURT AND HURT BRINGS DEPRESSION AND HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN TO YOUR CHILDREN AND WHO EVER ELSE YOU LIVE WITH WHY YOU CANT DO ANYTHING BUT CRY AND REST WHY THE HELL DID THE FDA DO THIS TO US WE ALL NEED HELP AND FAST ANY IDEAS HANG IN THERE EVERYONE MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL LETS HURRY UP AND GET THIS FIXED

Related Reading: DEPRESSION

Comment from: SickenedbyPurdue, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 04

I am reviewing the new OP formula. Like many others here, I have been on oxycontins, 40mg for close to 10 years. My dosage has not changed. I was able to function, and get out of bed and actually have a life with OC 40s. Last week, I picked up my refills. within 2 days i noticed something was very wrong. My pain was back the way it used to be. This new formula does NOT work. So, ok, you managed to prevent some junkies from snorting the drug, but you left your legit customers down. We are the ones who have paid for your drug over the year. We are the ones who needed your drug for legitimate reasons and now we are back in pain and sick. Everyone, please take the time to call Purdue and file a complain 1-800-877-5666 We all must take 5 mins and let them know what is going on with this new formula. They gave us no warning, no choice. I question why they are willing to satisfy the needs of illegal users/abusers and not the loyal customers that have paid the bills for the past decade or more. You just cant do this to people. It's negligent in my opinion. Everyone call the number and be heard. Let's hold them accountable for what they have done. They obviously have no compassion or caring for our situation. Call right now!!! 1-800-877-5666

Chronic Pain/Back Pain