Pamelor User Reviews

Pamelor - User Reviews

Pamelor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pamelor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ajz, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

This medice really helped with my nerve pain in my lower back. It also helped to sleep at night, but I had to quit taking it due to side effects such as dizziness,couldn't seem to function in the mornings, and tired most of the time.

Related Reading: sleep | dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

If you have problems with headaches, take the medication that is used to treat them. Do not take an antidepressant for this condition even if there is a chance it would calm them.

Comment from: krhgeh, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

I am taking the medication for migraines. I am sleeping at night which I don't do. I don't feel groggy in the mornings but I do have the dry mouth, swelling hands, weight gain and increased appetite. I don't like the side effects at all. I am going to talk to my doctor for a second choice.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: aka, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 01

Lots and lots of bad side-efects, inc.;hand swelling, lethargy, increased appetite & weight gain. I had to discontinue use even though it was releiving chronic pain.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: Jinnyc, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

For almost 2 years, I've had inter ear pain;been to 12 different doctors, and even had my eardrum ruptured and surgically replaced twice; cervical spine surgery and nothing helped the pain. The only doctor who has helped is a dentist who prescribed 50 mg of pamelor, along with mouth splints; I've been talking this now for almost 3 weeks and have been pain free for the first time in 2 years;side effects concern me quite a bit, such as lethargic, dizziness, lack of appetite, and extreme dry mouth;Dr. will be checking me again in 5 weeks and he stated that he would then try to wean me off at that time; I am just not sure if he does, I don't want the inter ear pain to return. Guess I'll have to wait and see and hopefully the side effects will lessen

Related Reading: pamelor

Comment from: thirdpin, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 30

Pamelor is for me although I was gaining weight, and the migraines remained with me at a rate of about four or so a month. For this I took another prescription drug. However after my doctor added another med, it resulted in nearly 100% reduction of migraines. I have not had a "real" migraine since I don't know when! I sometimes have drowsiness when awaking in the morning on occasions. Sometimes I go through weak periods where sitting becomes a necessity, and standing is not an option. Because I feel that I will collapse otherwise. Over all I have had great success with this med, and it seems like the weight problem stopped when I went on the second med. I write this positive report because all of the reports I read were negative. Of course my problem may not have been as severe as those whose woes I read. I've been to the well known migraine clinic North of Chicago, to a doctor in Elkhart, IN (whom I heard had success with migraines), then to this neurologist.

Comment from: why me, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

After two years of not knowing exactly what was causing my double vision and slurred speech I come to find out that it was migraines and was prescribed this medication. While I have not been on this medicine for a long time I have experience the grut of the side effects. I have had no appetite, feeling dizzy, feeling like I'm in a fog, feelng very irritated by everyone and everything and that is not my personality to be that way. I would not advise anyone that is or isn't depressed to take this medicine because if you didn't feel nutty before you will after:(

Related Reading: double vision

Comment from: Sally, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 03

A Rhuematologist precribed this medication for fibromyalgia and migraines.It takes a while to get meds adjusted,but am 80% better than before.I actually did yard work yesterday!I have only taken 4 Lortabs in 5 weeks!!I can live with side affects better than with pain.