Parafon Forte User Reviews

Parafon Forte - User Reviews

Parafon Forte User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Parafon Forte sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sandstorm42, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 24

This muscle relaxant is the most effective I've tried, with the least drastic side effects. It can make you a little dizzy or woozy and maybe a slight headache, but not bad enough to stop taking them. I'm a 13 year fibromyalgia sufferer and muscle spasms were 1 of my first symptoms, so I've tried a lot of things. If you take them in conjunction with a pain pill, I suggest taking them 30 mins apart. I don't know the mfr name of them, but the green hexagonal ones work better than the white caplets made by Watson. This is an older medicine, so Drs don't automatically prescribe them. You should ask for this brand. To me, they're proven effective and safe.

Related Reading: headache | fibromyalgia | muscle spasms

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

EFFECTS DON'T SEEM TO LAST AS LONG AS WOULD BE DESIRED, BUT SOMEWHAT HELPFUL. HAVE SPASMS IN BACK WHICH ARE RELIEVED, BUT MUSCLES DO NOT COMPLETELY RELAX.

Comment from: whatever41, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 16

I have been using this medication for some time. Any drug can be addictive, but I have found it to relieve pain and muscle spasms so I can have a normal day without vegetating on the sofa or in bed. It helps me to sleep easily & without any hangover effect in the am. I had a terrible experience with back surgery that left me with spasms & nerve damage. This med has not made me dizzy or sick @ stomach. I've not become dependent on it, and function quite well when taken as prescribed. I have regular Dr. appts. & have not been advised to stop the treatment. I'm sorry others have had bad experiences w/it, but I considered it a lifeline to a pain controlled life. I was taking an oxycodone along w/the parafon when I first left the hospital due to the discomfort. I don't need the oxy any more. Thank you. Please don't let the "nuts" take it off the market!

Comment from: justme, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

This med has relaxed my horrible muscle spasms better than anything...even diazepam(Valium)! I have taken pain meds w/muscle relaxers for years for herniated discs and spurs from neck to tailbone. I take the generic. I'm so happy to have it!

Related Reading: Valium

Comment from: ob1knob, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

2 tabs every 6 hrs not effective/ trying 3 every four hours seems to do better. condition: muscle spams from bulging disc 5th lumbar vert.

Comment from: kimber0066, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 23

chronic low back pain and spasms

Comment from: BET105, 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 27

THE GENERIC BRAND DOES NOT WORK AT ALL FOR ME MUST TAKE NAME BRAND WORKS GOOD

Comment from: ChrisIL, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

This stuff made me sicker than a dog. Headache and upset stomach. It was just like being at sea and being sea sick.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

Makes me tired and I can't really tell how much it is helping

Comment from: rznjmn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

2 st and 1 bid

Comment from: rose, 45-54 (Patient) Published: November 28

this med made me end up in the hosp and serval days in icu because it made me have a bad cresure also i lost some of my memorie and my speech is messed up from this med

Chronic Pain/Back Pain