Pataday User Reviews

Pataday - User Reviews

Pataday User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pataday sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

I could not believe this cost me $90.00 for 2.5 ml. What a rip off. Has any one paid this price or is it an error on my grocer Raleys in California?

Comment from: Jennifer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

Worked effectively for one week, then worsening of allergies occurred, less effective.

Comment from: loom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

It seems most do not understand what this drug is. It is NOT for instant relief. It is an antihistamine, it takes several doses before it is effective and one must stay on it. ONE drop in each eye daily.'-aday' get it? I occasionally get allergies bad enough to swell my eyes shut. As long as I start it before the allergy season and maintain I am golden. If you just have mild itchy eyes I don't believe this product is worth it. I've had my eyes itch so much from allergies that I have woke up with bruising from rubbing them in my sleep, so the cost is well worth it to me. If it works but seems to cause some irritation try Patanol. It's less concentrated so you have to take it TWICE a day but your eyes don't get the full blast at once.

Related Reading: allergy | sleep | Patanol

Comment from: patadayyyyy, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 25

to all those people who are saying this treatment is too expensive: I paid thirty dollars for this! and yes it's 2.5 mL! u pay around 100 dollars only if u don't have insurance! I have united healthcare and I paid thirty dollars. one eye drop does it all. the itchiness goes away INSTANTLY! I'm so glad I found this! so all people out there: cechk if ur insurance covers pataday!

Related Reading: pataday

Comment from: swolleneyes, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

My eyes got so red and dry that I had to stop using the drops after 2 days and had to use dry eye drops for 4 days later. Hated it.

Comment from: H7l1p60, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 19

Used it for 2 weeks, after which time the skin around my eyes felt very tight. I also suffer from chronic dry eye and am considering Restasis, but after reading the reviews, I'm not sure I want to try it.

Related Reading: Restasis

Comment from: Beansprout, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

After using the eye drop for 24 hours, I noticed crusty flakes around my eye. After 48 hours, the crusty flakes occurred throughout the day. 72 hours after using the eye drops, I had a sudden severe sore throat that eventually subsided. After 4 days of using the drug, I had a sudden coughing attack that was similiar to an asthma attack. I read the side effects and immediately stopped taking the drug. I would NOT recommend this drug to anyone. It should be removed from the market.

Related Reading: sore throat | asthma

Comment from: Mpippin, 7-12 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 03

Havent had a chance to use it because couldnt afford it! Insurance (united healthcare of the river valley) does not cover it and the cost was $147.99! Seriously? In this day and time, no medications should cost that much, let alone eye drops!

Comment from: DMC, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

It has not stopped itching of my eyes in any way whatsoever.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 16

I got this for my daughter, who suffers from allergies...like the other reviewers, I found it horrendously expensive and it doesn't last long. It did work for her, though, but I can't afford a refill! I hope a generic comes out and soon!