Pataday User Reviews

Pataday - User Reviews

Pataday User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pataday sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MITTIE, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 22

THESE ARE THE BEST EYE DROPS I HAVE EVER USED THEY DO NOT BURN YOUR EYES LIKE THE OTHER DROPS I HAVE TRIED. THEY ALSO GIVE YOU INSTANT RELIEF. I HAVE BEEN USING THESE FOR SEVERAL YEARS WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. I COULD NOT MAKE IT THROUGH THE ALERGY SESION WITHOUT THEM.

Comment from: love spring, hate allergies, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

Patanol/pataday has been borderline effective for me. Low strength steriod eye drops, e.g. Alrex, (in conjuction with nasal steriod spray) has been much more effective than any antihistamine eye drop/oral medication combination I've tried. In fact, once I switched to nasal steroid spray, my eye symptoms got better as well and only use the eye steroid drops during the worst parts of the season (risk of glaucoma). Hope this helps.

Related Reading: Alrex | glaucoma

Comment from: Jennifer, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 18

My son is using this medication. He is 4. His eyes get so red as soon as anything starts blooming in the spring. It keeps his eyes from swelling shut but it does not keep them from getting red and itchy. It is the best thing we have found so far though.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

It lasted 3-4 days, was supposed to last 30 days. Not sure if I used 2 drops on 2 of the days (had also used a sample bottle). The bottle is white, so you don't know if you're getting the right amount. Rx is 2.5 ml. and sample is .5 ml, so again, how do you know how much you got? It cost $143.99; what a racket! Have contacted the FDA about this issue. $143.99 and they can't afford a bottle that lets you see what you're getting???????

Comment from: myates, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 29

I have only used these eye drops a few times. My main symptoms are redness, irritation and extreme sensitivity to light. They do seem to work when you first put them in, but they do not last very long. Within 3 or 4 hrs, my symptoms come back. So I use OTC eye drops the rest of the day.

Comment from: Kel2ie, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I have really itchy painful red eyes and this has helped me a lot. It is really expensive if you don't have insurance.

Comment from: gus, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

Disappointed that the effectiveness wasn't equal to the cost.

Comment from: Siannib, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 16

I've been taking Pataday for 4 days, and my eyes are worse than before - even more red, swollen and itcy! I'm going to look for something different. Thankfully, I was given a sample by my doctor, so didn't have to sell my first born to pay for it.

Comment from: egbok, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

Hey Guys. I don't see what the fuss is all about. First of all, I have used this whenever Allergy season begins and it works like a gem. A few days in it goes away and I am fine. As far as expense, it shouldn't cost a dime. You should ask your eye doctor for a sample tiny bottle. I have never paid for one and they last a long time. One bottle, very small, contains a lot of liquid which last me at least six months, entire allergy season at no cost. Don't get ripped off by any Doctors or your Insurance Medical Hospital. Go to an optometrist.

Comment from: rekritr, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

Tremendous results after years of treatment for bacterial infections, this drug (as you know) treats allergic symptoms. Very satisfied after one application I had results.

Comment from: redeye, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

To bad this worked so well, because the cost of $109.00 is too costley for me as a retired senior. I didn't quite qualify for alcon drug discount program. Looking for other eye drops that may be as effective.

Comment from: BES, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

I had relief after one dose. It was remarkable since I suffered for years using over the counter drops to no avail. My insurance refuses to pay for this drug so I don't know how long I can use it as it is terribly expensive.