Patanol User Reviews

Patanol - User Reviews

Patanol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Patanol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ginas, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 19

I have used this drug for about 5-6 years. Very expensive but works wonderfully. I suffer a lot since everyone has a wood burning stove or fireplace so I use all year around. $75 copay. Pharmacist just recommended Zaditor which cost me about $11.00. Use to be perscription, now OTC. Works well but not as well as Patanol. Am using Patanol only when eyes are really, really bad. Also take OTC Claritin and I get by.

Related Reading: Zaditor | Patanol | Claritin

Comment from: PharmaDoc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 28

My FP prescribed Patanol after I complained of severe itching,scratchiness and moderate pain. I went to pick it up at the drugstore and the copay was $35.00 so I cannot imagine what the cost to the insuror is. I bought Clear Eyes ACR and took Claritin generic tablets and the toatl cost was $11.59. I had great relief and saved alot of money. Oh, by the way I am also a pharmacist who knows drugs but will always go to a physician for my eyes. MY FP approved of my suggestion and now has given his patients options when he considers Patanol. That drug is a major rip off.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: sunshine247, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 07

I have suffered for many years with this condition and finally found a doctor that helped me. There's no more burning, itching and swelling. He also has me using Systane (lubricant eye drops) several times a day. This has really helped with dry eyes. I tried other well known lubricants in the past, they never worked as well as Systane.

Related Reading: dry eyes

Comment from: a33lopez, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 16

My son has been using Patanol for about 4 years now and trust me when Allergy season came by he looked like Rocky Balboa. It was sad because the school would call me to have him pick up so that the kids wouldn't tease him, now he doesn't have that problem at all with this medication. It works well.

Related Reading: Allergy

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 06

I'm the mom of a now 9yr old boy who's used Patanol for going on 3 yrs. Using the drops with OTC allergy pills have helped him a lot. He still has some burning/itching in the eyes, but he previously couldn't even go outside in the grass in the spring.

Comment from: MrWestie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 20

My normally bad, allergies have been greatly reduced this spring, especially when most people have said it is the worst they have seen it. Only drawback is the price, even with insurance.

Comment from: MendAngel, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

I was scripted this med by my eye doctor after my regular visits for eyeglasss; it is expensive and my co-pay was $40, but it was the best $40 investment I've ever made for my health. I had been suffering with a (yet undetermined) allergy for years and this provided the relief I so desperately needed. Incidently, I had tried OTC eyedrops and have determined that THEY are a waste of money.

Comment from: Patanol user, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 15

The last 3 days of use, I have developed severe dry eyes. I have had to discontinue use of Patanol and use OTC eye drops to lubricate my eyes about every 30 -60 minutes depending upon my activity. This is a great disappointment to me as the drug has been very effective for many years and also I have to pay full price for it and my hayfever season has just started. $80 wasted!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 09

I've had been using this for about 3 years and it works great during allergy season. I wish it were less expensive.

Comment from: jtorri1937@sbcglobal.net, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 04

My eyes start to water to the point that I have trouble seeing. Put a drope in each eye and every thing clears up, soar throte, cold nose.I feel much better very fast and can sleep much better.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.