Paxil User Reviews

Paxil - User Reviews

Paxil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Paxil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ron203, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 20

i was given this for depression although i didnt think i needed it. took about 3 weeks to build up in my system. let me tell you i am a much better person on it and remember the day it started working, one of the best days in a very long time. i have since tried to take myself off it not having good results. friends and family tell me to get back on it. about 5 years now and alls good, please dont stop just because you think its not working like i said it took several weeks for and i am a much better person for it today.

Comment from: chris, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 09

This is the first drug I have had to battle depression I've had for about 10yrs. Finally I made the decision that my family & myself deserved to be happy. It's a wonderdrug!!! If I knew it would change me back to the fun person I thought I would NEVER BE AGAIN,I would have taken it long ago. My advice to someone considering trying it- What do you have to lose? GIVE IT A TRY,YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

this med has helped me greatly. i have a good feeling of well being and have been able to do things that would normally of been difficult for example going out with a crowd of people ,

Comment from: sorry I took it, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 07

Withdrawal from this drug is horrid! It's scary and affecting all areas of my life. I'm having terrible uncontrolled anger (rage), irritability, unbelievable problems with temperature regulation,and short term memory issues. Self control and inhibitions are negatively affected. Earlier had week of nausea and loose stools - those symptoms have resolved. I used Paxil for over 10 years for depression and migraine prevention, with small once daily dose. This is my 2nd attempt to get off it - needed since my appetite was never satified while taking it. I gained >50 pounds while taking - lost 10 pounds in first 2 weeks off it. I resent that no one ever told me about withdrawal issues, but now find this is a common problem. I've been off it 1 month and still having significant symptoms - much worse than the depression it was used to treat. I feel trapped - coming off it is ruining my life but I can't continue taking it.

Related Reading: migraine | prevention

Comment from: Heather, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

I took this drug for a short while back in 2000 along with a whole list of other antidepressants and, at the time, I didn't notice any of them helping me at all. So I quit taking antidepressants and struggled for my life over the past 10 years. I've recently started taking Paroxetine (Paxil generic) again and in only 1 weeks time, I feel a great change. I'm feeling significantly better already! But I would warn people to be especially careful about having regular meals. Even though the instructions that come with the drug say that it can be taken with or without food, I have found that if I don't eat enough, the side effects are greatly exaggerated and I feel very nauseated, very faint, and even a little confused. These episodes can be very scary! I think it's best to take the medicine in the morning and have regular meals throughout the day, and a little food before you go to bed at night. Overall, I am very satisfied with the drug. It has given me some hope that I may still live a normal life. And I had completely given up hope. Hope this review helps!

Related Reading: antidepressants

Comment from: eskoskye, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 09

I won't even take asprin, so after a family crisis that I just couldn't cope with, I was hesitant to take this, or any drug. AT first, I felt kind of weird, like I was watching my life out of body but I kept with it, because I felt I had NO other choice, and after 2 weeks I felt fine! I also lost my appetite for the first 5 or 6 weeks which I thought was actually GREAT! I found it wonderful with no side effects at all and I went off myself, cutting the does every 2 weeks and did not have ANY problems. For me it quite literlly was a life saver, but then everyone reacts differently.

Comment from: HappyBlonde, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 30

I take paxil for depression and OCD. I am on a 40 mg per day dose. I have had no weight gain, or other side effects, beyond vivid dreams. The dreams are not disturbing, though. Weight gain may deter some people from taking this drug, but paxil greatly improves the quality of life! In my opinion, stay active, exert some self control over your diet and you will be fine. Paxil is great and gave me my life back.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 08

Paxil has truely been a life saver. My panic disorder was so bad, my husband had to drag me out of the house for my son's b-day party. I went but was terrified. I have been on it for almost 3yrs and can count on one hand how many panic attacks I have had. There has been a little weight gain, sex drive returned to normal after 2 months. Overall, I call my Paxil my wonder drug!

Related Reading: panic attacks