Paxil-CR User Reviews

Paxil-CR - User Reviews

Paxil-CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Paxil-CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Starlght3, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been taking paxil for 12 years @ 20mg. Recently my dosage was uped to 40mg/day. I can feel the difference. It was a life altering drug for me and helped me to feel myself again.

Comment from: Kim, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 16

WARNING!!!!! I am a 45 year old female that has been on Paxil, Paroxetine for about 20 years. Although the medication caused weight gain, which to a woman is very stressful I continued to take it for my anxiety and depression. I was told many years ago by a therapist who wanted me to try a different medication that I had to wean off of the paxil. I did not notice any side affects because I immediatly started the new med and then with in a couple of weeks due to a reaction from the new med was put back onto the paxil. Long story short, I recently have tried to go off of the paxil. About 3-4 weeks ago now. Since I have weaned off, I am experiencing debilitating side affects. If it weren't for starting a new medication for a different issue that can not be mixed with Paxil, I would go back onto it. I feel awful!! My head feels woozy, and my lips are tingly. All my limbs feel numb and tingly. When I move my head, I get these weird feelings of electrical shock in my brain. I have a headache most of the time and have had extreme mood swings. I have no energy. I have been trying to find a source to get more information on this, but it has been very difficult. At no time did the doctors tell me when I went on this medication that it would make me so ill going off of it. It has been almost over a month and I still feel horrible. I just want to let all of you know who are planning to go onto it. I do not know why the doctors do not express how bad the withdrawl is. If I had known, I would have asked to try something else or taking short breaks off of it. Please be careful taking this med and take care of yourselves.

Related Reading: depression | shock | headache

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

I have taken paxil for a month and it has stopped the anxiety and panic attacks. but i am going to talk to my docter about taking me off of it because im not sleeping at night and im very tired in the day time. i have no desire to do anything or to talk to anyone. and thats not normal. id almost rather be me with the attacks than not be me without them.

Comment from: Lotsoflucy, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 18

Dizzy and closed in is how I felt. 40mg of Paxil was my cure. I can't get off of it or I feel all jittery but this pill changed my life without changing the person that I am. No more overwhelming fear of passing out or feeling like my body is disconnected from my brain. I feel whole and very alert on Paxil. My only complaint is that it is difficult for me to get a deep sleep that my body really needs. Paxil gave me my life back and took many unreasonable fears away. I never feel like I need to slip out of the room or feel fidgety anymore.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 13

I have had no more panic attacks since on this drug, but even though I am now down to a very small dose, I still have gained 20 lbs. and not changed my eating habits. Plus it is very hard to reach orgasm and I never had that problem before. I have been on this drug a long time and to me, the benefits have been worth it even with the negative effects.

Comment from: janfmpet, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

I have had bipolar depression since I was a child. I suffered with it until I was properly diagnosed in my late 30's. Life was very difficult for a long time. After trying everything else, such as herbal remedies, vitamins, etc.. exercise, talk therapy, etc, with little success, I finally gave in and tried many different antidpressants and tranquilizers. This was not easy either. I went through alot of side effects that affected my work, personal life, everything.. but I knew I had to keep searching..because I knew that I had an imbalance that needed to be treated with the correct medicine and that I needed to see a therapist who among other things could closely monitor the drug reaction, this is very important, you must see a doctor on a regular basis and be aware of and communicate any feelings, emotions, that you have that are questionable. After much trial and error I have finally settled on paxil. I started with 15 mg. and am now up to 60 mg. (my doctor calls it a "therapeutic dose"). I feel better with the higher dose. It has helped with my peri-menopause symptoms, anxiety and bipolar depression. I will take it as long as it continues working, along with continuation of exercise, proper diet, etc..which is very important because one of the side effects for me was weight gain. I would suggest trying this medication if you need to, however, if you decide to go off of it, remember, you must wean off of it very gradually and be monitored by a doctor, there are intense withdrawal symptoms that can be difficult if you don't stop properly. Remember to communicate with your doctor at all times. I wish you well.

Related Reading: vitamins | menopause